“Disappointed”

Ranked #14 of 1,328 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have always vouched that I love sticky lips more then dinosaur and have always tried to get my family and friends to go to Sticky Lips instead of Dinosaurs. On Fathers day I got everyone to go to sticky lips, promising them it would be better then Dinosaurs. We get there and were told there was an hour wait even though all the tables were not even full. I didn't care, and we only ended up waiting a half hour. While we had waited 25 minutes and right after we all just got done saying we were all getting ribs, the hostess came out and said they ran out of ribs...at 6:30pm?? A BBQ places running out of ribs?? thats like a pizza joint running out of dough!! It shouldn't happen. Especially a famous place on a well known busy day, Fathers Day! We all liked our meal and it was good service but we all wanted ribs!! I won't go there again, to wait and then not get ribs. AND this wasn't the first time they ran out of ribs when I was there it happened before, only it was a time that I wasn't planning on getting ribs.

1  Thank Candace A

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here with 3 other co workers and everyone's food was great. The portion sizes was pretty big and the price was very low.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

BY FAR the BEST BBQ I have ever had. Family freindly. Wonderful staff. Reasonable prices. Stayed next door at Holiday Inn and Suites and had to go here 2 nights in a row it was so good. DO NOT MISS the jalepeno cheddar grits. OMG

Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you hear about Rochester from the outside everyone will tell you to go to Dinosaur BBQ, but this is the realy place to go. The food is great, never a bad meal, and they have some better items like a BBQ Cuban Sandwich or a Pittsburgh Sandwich using BBQ meat. I'd say that their Pittsburgh Sandwich is better than the ones I've had in Pittsburgh. The Culver road location (they opened a bigger place in Henrietta) is the original and is tighter but it's not as busy as it used to be since they opened the Henrietta location. The only thing that sucks is the service, it's never good.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

foood is out of this world!! From the Catfish to the ribbs to the chedder ckn jalapeno soup to the pulled pork salad!! AMAZING!! portions are plentyful and the staff is AWESOME!! i always ask for Yelena(speaks russian) or Amy...truley a wonderful atmosphere!! prices are awesome as well!!