“single mom” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sticky Lips Pit BBQ

Sticky Lips Pit BBQ
Ranked #8 of 1,262 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester, New York
“single mom”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

foood is out of this world!! From the Catfish to the ribbs to the chedder ckn jalapeno soup to the pulled pork salad!! AMAZING!! portions are plentyful and the staff is AWESOME!! i always ask for Yelena(speaks russian) or Amy...truley a wonderful atmosphere!! prices are awesome as well!!

Visited April 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Very good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Sticky Lips Pit BBQ is not located in a great part of Rochester, so beware at night. I went during the day and it still looked a little shady with some unique individuals walking about. The restaurant has a 1950s vibe to it and is recognized by the sign with the well-developed blonde lady in a red dress on the sign. Indoors, there is a significant amount of older memorabilia and the music was oldies. We walked up a flight of stairs to our table. There seems to be ample room, though I imagine that dinners are likely busier. At lunch on Sunday the place wasn't too busy. I order the 1/2 rack of ribs (with the all-american BBQ sauce) with sweet potato fries and tomato and cucumber salad. The sweet potato fries seemed to be coated with cinnamon and sugar and were delicious - surprisingly some of the tastiest I have had. The tomato and cucumber salad was also very good. The ribs unfortunately did not meet the expectations I had - they were much chewier and tougher than I have come to expect for BBQ ribs. I also did have a little chilli which was quite good here as well. So, a terrific atmosphere and food ranging from very good to decent.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
new york
“Best BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Love this place! the best BBQ around. First time I ever had fried pickles, omg I'm hooked. Pulled pork is awesome. Never a bad meal. Portions are huge

Singapore
“Awesome, artery clogging food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

It may not be healthy....But it is some of the tastiest ribs you can enjoy in Rochester! Excellent choice of sauces for the ribs, especially thick, rich, sweet ones. Plenty of delicious meat on those bones, I highly recommend it!

One caution: this isn't the best section of town so take care about where you park at night and don't leave valuables in sight in the car while you're away.

• Visited December 2012
Upstate New York
“Carnivore’s Dream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've made a couple stops at Sticky Lips and all visits have thoroughly satisfied my craving for above-average BBQ. The most recent visit was mostly a fantastic experience.
We were promptly seated, which was unexpected because we were there on a weekend during the dinner rush, so it was busy and our party was a little bit bigger (half-dozen people). We were seated in the upper level of the restaurant which is spacious and the old Americana decor theme was inviting.
Our server was nice and professional, quick to check up on us and fill our glasses when they were half empty. I noticed that staff routinely walked the floor to check on guests and quickly clean up after any mess, I enjoyed this attention to detail.
One negative was that we perceived our wait for our entrees to be very long. Others that were seated after us were provided their meals well before we received ours, maybe because our party was larger...not sure.
The food is generally great. I thought the BBQ chicken was the standout, perfectly cooked and seasoned. The brisket and pulled pork were pretty good, perhaps a tad bit dry but otherwise tasty and actually tasted better reheated the next day. Also, I enjoy their corn bread (not too dry and sweeter) and fried pickles (unique breading). Someone in our party ordered the chorizo grits and let me try them, I will definitely order the grits the next time I visit. For veterinarians, the offer a surprising and extensive selection of meatless dishes.
The menu prices are more than fair and the serving sizes are generous. While Sticky Lips doesn't receive the same accolades as the other famous BBQ joint in the area, they are on their way.

• Visited April 2013