All reviews bagels fridge and microwave fitness room would stay again nice room free breakfast highway
Reviewed December 6, 2008

I usually don't do a second review, but the excellent service merits it. I sent some large boxes of business literature to the hotel which they willingly held for a week.

When I got there, they brought it to my room, without a request from me.

You expect that from a 4 star hotel not a La Quinta

They had fresh warm cookies every afternoon and evening

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Kirin11
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We stayed here for a wedding at the Diplomat, and it was definitely convenient only having to cross the parking lot to go to the reception. The hotel itself was somewhat grungy, not something we'd have chosen if it had been our decision (the wedding party/family had a block of rooms reserved). The carpets were really gross, we ended up in a stinky smoking room b/c there were 4 of us and we couldn't fit into a one-king bed room. The location is convenient for shopping as well, but the hotel itself is directly behind a gas/convenience store that's open 24 hours, and really was a little on the scary side. The price was cheap, in keeping with the accomodations.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I chose the La Quinta because of the value; $85 in July is hard to beat, especially considering the price of most downtown Rochester hotels seems to be around $200 a night. The La Quinta isn't right downtown, a bit west of the Loop, but takes just a short drive on the I-490 to get to all the attractions.

The building and lobby definitely have a motel feel, but the quality and size of the rooms is excellent, rivaling higher priced chains. I have stayed at La Quintas previously and have found them to be above average accomodations. This location has been recently remodeled and the rooms/furnishings are clean, the linings were great. This La Quinta is top-notch, resembling a Radisson, rather than a Super 8.

The complementary breakfast (breakfast burritos!) was great and the 72 television channels were fantastic (including YES, which for an out-of-town Yankees fan was a rare treat; they have SNY for the Mets fans, too).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We stayed at a La Quinta on our way to Maine and loved it so much, we booked a room on our way home also. Again, very pet friendly, extremely clean, terrific little breakfast (free), and good rate! This one had recently been remodeled and it was awesome. The beds were soooooo comfy..sheets and pillowcases very soft. The carpet was so squishy I could feel it through my Crocs! It was so nice to be in a new, clean room with our dog, too. No "pet smell" or feel to the room which we appreciated more than you know!!! The staff was awesome! The guy on duty the night of July 5, 2008 (sorry forgot your name) was terrific. He recommended we eat at the Dinosaur BBQ and said he would mapquest it for us. The restaurant was awesome! Our only disappointment was they did not have a pool! (I assumed they did because the one in Massachusetts did that we stayed at 3 weeks earlier...needless to say, my son was so upset with me!) Other than that we again were so pleased with La Quinta. We will always look for a La Quinta whenever we travel. Love this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Newly renovated hotel, a bit far from the downtown, but very quiet and easy to get to. Staff was helpful, included an upgrade on the room when asked. The best breakfast buffet of any chain, includes make your own waffles and a huge variety of hot and cold items. .Room was clean, new furniture and carpets, if a bit bare. No problems or complaints here. Will stay again. Priced more reasonably than staying downtown, and Rochester is not so big that a 5 minute drive matters.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple