New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Radiance Inn And Suites

Radiance Inn And Suites
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Rochester
United States
“Bathrooms not very clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

There was hair from previous guests on the bathroom floor and the side of the tub. Also hair waded up inside the folded "clean" towels. Also bobby pins on the floor from previous guests so pretty sure room was not cleaned very well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars

1 Thank Richard H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I made a reservation to check-in on 8/2/14 and Check-out on 8/3/14. One night stay was $104 which I think is not cheap but moderate price. I requested a non-smoking room with a king size bed. I received an e-mail wiht a confirmation number. Although I had my doubts about selecting a hotel that I have never visited, I selected La Quinta because it had a good review rate in Trip Advisor, a site I trust and support with my reviews. On 8/2/14, purposely arrived before the check-in time because I wanted to make sure my reservation was going to be honored. I explained to the Manager that I wanted to check-in early to make sure I had the room I selected and because my husband and I had to play in a tennis tournament and were coming to the hotel late and I did not want any "surprises" related to my room reservation. He assured me my room was available and proceeded to check me in. He told me I could not get my room key until I returned after the check in time. However, when I returned at night, the person at the desk gave me a key for a room with two double beds which was not what I requested. He then gave me the key for a room with a King Size bed, but when I entered in the room is was filthy (big stains in the carpet and damaged furniture) with a VERY STRONG smoke odor. I proceeded to inform the person at the front-desk about the smoke odor and that I requested a non-smoking room. He then told me that the room was a smoking room that had been "ionized." Whatever that means, it was a smoking room with a strong smoking odor and I have allergies. I cannnot stay in a room like that. I requested the room I RESERVED! He told me that they were "sold out." That was a lie because he had just given me earlier a room with two double beds. I asked to speak with the manager, but I was denied that. The front-desk person allegedly "called the manager" and he said the manager said "there is nothing he can't do." Where is the hospitality? It was already about 10:15PM, I was very tired, and now we had to drive back home that very night due to lack of hospitality? I am very dissapointed about this horrible treatment from this hotel. STAY at your own risk!

Room Tip: This hotel is TERRIBLE, dated decor, filthy and awful customer service for the amount of $ they char...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is a great value and terrific location. Close to Rt 390 and 490, shopping, restaurants and the center of Rochester. The hotel was clean, quiet and the staff was very nice. Breakfast included hot entries like eggs, bacon and potatoes as well as the usual La Quinta breakfast. There is also a small fitness center on premise. I would stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank MDNPA
Billings, Mt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

First impression: rough part of town - will my car be ok?

The grounds and common areas were not gross, but also not very nice.

The staff seemed pleasant enough, but not exactly thrilled to be there (can I blame them)?

Our room was adequate, but not great. For room cleanliness and fixture quality, the hotel was nowhere near the level of the chains against whom LQ is trying to compete.

Breakfast was probably the best thing about the stay.

If in the area again, I'd probably try my luck with another facility.

Room Tip: I would not want to be on the ground floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Badrhino
Massena, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This hotel was easy on/off the highway, the were rooms were very clean, great breakfast, lots of choices and it was well maintained. Staff was outstanding, so accommodating! Great price for this hotel!!!!!! I will definately stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Joanne D
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel was suggested by collegues. Very good impression. Quiet and large room. Breakfast with choice. Sport room very usefull, clean and convenuant. Weight are missing and would be nice. I will definitively return to this hotel during my next stay at Rochester.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Cedric C
Winona, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Everything was very adequate. We even had the manager assist us with breakfast. Very clean with helpful staff. The location to downtown Rochester was quick although the entry to the hotel was a bit tricky. We were glad we saw the big billboard on Highway 63. Would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2014