“value and quality is laquinta inns”

Radiance Inn And Suites
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Rochester

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I received exceptional accommodations. The employees were professional and kind. I stayed 3 nights and 4 days in a king size bed,non-smoking suite while on a business trip with my husband. Due to unexpected circumstances , I needed to stay in Rochester for 4 additional hours after check at 12 pm, front desk employee Kimberly and manager Scott were very accommodating after hearing my situation and they offered me late check out at 4pm. Housekeeping maintained a clean environment. The suite was clean, functional and relatively sound proof. Breakfast was delicious and there were many options. All cooked items remained warm and filled. Next time I am in Rochester, I will stay at this inn.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Todd R
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel is next to the Diplomat which was hosting New years festivities - this is my 3rd year there. Very good rates esp on New Years. I enjoyed my stay & they allowed late check out at 1PM which I needed and appreciated :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I previously stayed here a year ago and had my stay ruined by an unprofessional front desk agent with red hair. I believe her name was Marissa. I stayed here again this past month and found that the hotel had made some big improvements. The front desk agent that ruined my stay was let go and they revamped their customer service. Check-in was smooth and quick with no problems. They answered all my questions and even provided me a detailed list of attractions that me and my family would enjoy. The housekeepers were real stars. They cleaned my room spotless and gave me fresh linen in towels even when they were ready to leave for the day. The rooms were redone with new Televisions, furniture, and the rooms were re-painted. I was definately astounded by the changes they made in customers service and the quality of the hotel room. I will definately be staying here when I visit Rochester this spring.

Keep Up the Great Work!!!

Room Tip: Their fifth floor is a smoking floor, so for nonsmokers I suggest requesting a nonsmoking room away...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Our daughter began at University of Rochester this fall, so we will be traveling many times there over then next four years. We stayed twice at the LaQuinta North, but we will never stay there again. I reserved non-smoking room several weeks in advance. I have asthma so smoke is a problem. We were delayed so I phoned the hotel in the afternoon and told them we would not arrive until midnight or after. I was assured this would not be a problem. When we arrived at 1:30am the hotel was fully booked and the only available room was a smoking one. We reluctantly took it because it was not the hour to be looking for another hotel. I asked for a break on the price and was told I would not be given one. The next day we were moved to a non-smoking room, and this one had an even smaller bathroom than the prior one. I wrote to the management of the hotel nearly two weeks ago, and they have not responded. This hotel is poorly run and a mess, and the staff is poorly trained and unhelpful. We will never stay here again and would not recommend anyone do so, particularly after reading the prior review indicating the prostitution issue.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Martha M
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here, or attempted to last week and could not figure out why there was so much commotion taking place in the room next door. I called to the desk and asked for them to help or move us and the night clerk laughed. I was made to feel as if we were imposing. We left immediately. We found another hotel nearby and was then informed that this property and that street have a reputation for prostitution. There was another couple on check out in a heated discussion in the lobby about a jacuzzi room that they booked and did not recieve. It all made sense on reflection.

Never again!

Room Tip: Don't stay there is my tip!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank EscapesNM
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed two days with my family last week in this hotel. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The break fast is really good and there was a staff monitored and made sure there is sufficient food and the lobby is clean.

The rooms are spacious and the units had digital heater controls.

The wifi at the hotel was very slow and could be improved. I went with children and the hotel didn't have any games or arcades, so I had to keep my children inside the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family