“Amazing Hotel, Great Changes”

Radiance Inn And Suites
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Memphis, Tennessee
“Amazing Hotel, Great Changes”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I previously stayed here a year ago and had my stay ruined by an unprofessional front desk agent with red hair. I believe her name was Marissa. I stayed here again this past month and found that the hotel had made some big improvements. The front desk agent that ruined my stay was let go and they revamped their customer service. Check-in was smooth and quick with no problems. They answered all my questions and even provided me a detailed list of attractions that me and my family would enjoy. The housekeepers were real stars. They cleaned my room spotless and gave me fresh linen in towels even when they were ready to leave for the day. The rooms were redone with new Televisions, furniture, and the rooms were re-painted. I was definately astounded by the changes they made in customers service and the quality of the hotel room. I will definately be staying here when I visit Rochester this spring.

Keep Up the Great Work!!!

Room Tip: Their fifth floor is a smoking floor, so for nonsmokers I suggest requesting a nonsmoking room away...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ipswich, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Our daughter began at University of Rochester this fall, so we will be traveling many times there over then next four years. We stayed twice at the LaQuinta North, but we will never stay there again. I reserved non-smoking room several weeks in advance. I have asthma so smoke is a problem. We were delayed so I phoned the hotel in the afternoon and told them we would not arrive until midnight or after. I was assured this would not be a problem. When we arrived at 1:30am the hotel was fully booked and the only available room was a smoking one. We reluctantly took it because it was not the hour to be looking for another hotel. I asked for a break on the price and was told I would not be given one. The next day we were moved to a non-smoking room, and this one had an even smaller bathroom than the prior one. I wrote to the management of the hotel nearly two weeks ago, and they have not responded. This hotel is poorly run and a mess, and the staff is poorly trained and unhelpful. We will never stay here again and would not recommend anyone do so, particularly after reading the prior review indicating the prostitution issue.

4 Thank Martha M
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here, or attempted to last week and could not figure out why there was so much commotion taking place in the room next door. I called to the desk and asked for them to help or move us and the night clerk laughed. I was made to feel as if we were imposing. We left immediately. We found another hotel nearby and was then informed that this property and that street have a reputation for prostitution. There was another couple on check out in a heated discussion in the lobby about a jacuzzi room that they booked and did not recieve. It all made sense on reflection.

Never again!

Room Tip: Don't stay there is my tip!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank EscapesNM
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed two days with my family last week in this hotel. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The break fast is really good and there was a staff monitored and made sure there is sufficient food and the lobby is clean.

The rooms are spacious and the units had digital heater controls.

The wifi at the hotel was very slow and could be improved. I went with children and the hotel didn't have any games or arcades, so I had to keep my children inside the room.

Utica, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was my first time at a LaQuinta. I love their commercials and expected better. You get what you pay for. The room was clean and adequate. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good. But the girl at the desk clearly didn't want to be there. And the whole atmosphere just felt "uncomfortable." My husband went down to the exercise room and didn't stay long. He didn't like the looks of the people walking around. The people in the room above us were making a lot of noise until about 2 am. Poor neighborhood and it's basically behind a gas station. If I hadn't prepaid we would have gone to one of the places we really like in Rochester.
The room itself wasn't bad, and the breakfast was fine. But it was a place we wanted to get out of really early in the morning.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Not only did we book online and book a king suite with a jacuzzi tub, we supposedly got a great deal. NOT!!!!!! We were told when we arrived that they could not accept the room rate we booked and they did not have a king suite with jacuzzi tub at that rate. I should have investigated this hotel more so this is really fault on my part. The location is horrible kind of a creepy neighborhood. We decided to stay due to the fact that it was late when we arrived and we had drove from another state. Big mistake! Staff was rude and did not help in any way. Room was disgusting, bathroom was gross, we went to get breakfast before 10am and they were taking care of it when I asked if I could get something before they took care of it they told me they were not going to restock and I was out of luck. In the pictures it shows that there is a fridge in the king suite with a chair, when we got the room that we did not order there was no fridge and no furniture other than bed and tv and desk. I was not pleased at all. I have stayed in cheaper hotels that were so, so, so much better than this dump. The first night we stayed there was cops in the hotel due to something going on. I asked to speak to the manager the next morning and I was handed a business card and the staff told me they could not help me with any issues. I called the number that I was given and it was the direct line to the hotel and was then told the manager is never in on the weekends and If I wanted to speak to him I would have to wait until Monday when he comes in. I told them I wanted something done immediately and they told me they could not do anything to help me. I will never stay here ever again and I do note recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. We decided to go shopping and found some places to shop. There were so many other hotels that were close to so much shopping and restaurants and so much better quality. Never go here!!!

Room Tip: No pool, no refrigerator, no furniture, tiny bathrooms, non friendly staff, never stay here@!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple