“Good Hotel for the Price”

Radiance Inn And Suites
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed two days with my family last week in this hotel. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The break fast is really good and there was a staff monitored and made sure there is sufficient food and the lobby is clean.

The rooms are spacious and the units had digital heater controls.

The wifi at the hotel was very slow and could be improved. I went with children and the hotel didn't have any games or arcades, so I had to keep my children inside the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This was my first time at a LaQuinta. I love their commercials and expected better. You get what you pay for. The room was clean and adequate. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good. But the girl at the desk clearly didn't want to be there. And the whole atmosphere just felt "uncomfortable." My husband went down to the exercise room and didn't stay long. He didn't like the looks of the people walking around. The people in the room above us were making a lot of noise until about 2 am. Poor neighborhood and it's basically behind a gas station. If I hadn't prepaid we would have gone to one of the places we really like in Rochester.
The room itself wasn't bad, and the breakfast was fine. But it was a place we wanted to get out of really early in the morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Not only did we book online and book a king suite with a jacuzzi tub, we supposedly got a great deal. NOT!!!!!! We were told when we arrived that they could not accept the room rate we booked and they did not have a king suite with jacuzzi tub at that rate. I should have investigated this hotel more so this is really fault on my part. The location is horrible kind of a creepy neighborhood. We decided to stay due to the fact that it was late when we arrived and we had drove from another state. Big mistake! Staff was rude and did not help in any way. Room was disgusting, bathroom was gross, we went to get breakfast before 10am and they were taking care of it when I asked if I could get something before they took care of it they told me they were not going to restock and I was out of luck. In the pictures it shows that there is a fridge in the king suite with a chair, when we got the room that we did not order there was no fridge and no furniture other than bed and tv and desk. I was not pleased at all. I have stayed in cheaper hotels that were so, so, so much better than this dump. The first night we stayed there was cops in the hotel due to something going on. I asked to speak to the manager the next morning and I was handed a business card and the staff told me they could not help me with any issues. I called the number that I was given and it was the direct line to the hotel and was then told the manager is never in on the weekends and If I wanted to speak to him I would have to wait until Monday when he comes in. I told them I wanted something done immediately and they told me they could not do anything to help me. I will never stay here ever again and I do note recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. We decided to go shopping and found some places to shop. There were so many other hotels that were close to so much shopping and restaurants and so much better quality. Never go here!!!

Room Tip: No pool, no refrigerator, no furniture, tiny bathrooms, non friendly staff, never stay here@!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
A La Quinta traveler
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Reviewed October 23, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed due to my wedding reception being on location. First issue is obviously that the hotel is very rundown, beyond that they gave me s non existing so called special rate for all of my guests of $89 per night which is a ripoff. Cheaper to have used a travel site. Did not see my room until the next morning after my reception. My bridal party loaded up my suite with gifts and decorations and I walked in to realize the room was in poor condition Room 416 a so called suite with broken nknobs on the Jacuzzi tub which didn't work, the toilet seat was chipped up and disgusting. Went to sleep ignoring it because obviously it was my wedding night. However at checkout the next morning the representative who refused to give me her name or the name of a manager proceeded to yell at me and tell me that basically "Oh well I don't care you should have said somwthing last night, who cares if it's your wedding." I told her poor customer service and she she laughed. Another worker asked her to stop yelling and I asked him for her name and she said she would call the cops if I didn't leave. She went on to tell me that she was going to refund me until I said the B word. I told her if you ever meant to be decen or provide customer service you would have the minute I expressed my concerns and disatisfaction. Instead she gave nothing but attitude. Other guest approached me to give me information on being a witness to this and said she had attitude with them as well. After I told her I was recording this she discounted my bill and apologized to my husband but I was owed the apology. She was very odd for front desk material right off the top, poor sloppy appearance, very visible tattoos all over her neck and just loud rude and should not be in the service profession. I am taking this complaint all the way. Myself and the other guests that witnessed this could not believe that La Quinta would hire someone for front desk like this woman. I'm sure she's had other complaints because of that poor customer service and attitude.Should have stuck with Holiday Inn Marketplace, I am a frequent visitor there for years and they never disappoint!

Room Tip: Do not stay here, if the party house was not next door they would be out of business. Service is key...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank redbonegirl1
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I booked this hotel on Hotwire for two nights for total of $97.00

They offer refrigerators in some of the rooms, which i hhad requested and they had for me.

My problem was the facilities really need a makeover. Exercise equipment is outdated.

Breakfast was very poor in quality of offerings and had the worst hotel coffee I ever had.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was my first stay at a La Quinta (and compared to the Howard Johnson stay in July) this whole experience was like Heaven. Everything about this stay was easy - finding it, checking in, the beds, the bath, the BREAKFAST :) (actual hot food for free), the noise level of the hotel (very quiet inside & out), the departure. The elevator was a little slow but you have THAT everywhere I think, I just took the stairs since we were on the second floor, better for you anyway :) I cannot really comment on the room rate as I was there for a convention and had a special convention pricing but it was certainly one of the best priced con hotels I've stayed at. Would recommend if you are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business