All reviewsbagelsfridge and microwavefitness roomwould stay againnice roomfree breakfasthighway
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I came in late at night and they had awesome cookies, the lady at the front desk gave me a couple recommendations for food then when I decided to stay in she gave me some good menus too. Try the chinese! Beds are super cumfy and I got a good nights rest. Staff in the morning were friendly as well and very accommodating getting me directions to a couple places. I would definitely return if I come back to Rochester because of the staff alone!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank ROCtraveller
Scott K, General Manager at Radiance Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Thank You for your stay & writing a positive review we look forward to you coming back !

Thanks,

Scott

Reviewed November 5, 2011

This is a small chain property in a tough section of Rochester. Close to 390, it is easy to get to. Breakfast is nothing special, and the choices are few. Rooms are very small, and tight. Bathroom was extremely small, one had to stand next to the toilet in order to close the door. And I'm not very big. Would not recommend if you can find something better or bigger.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tantalum129
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We recently have stayed 2 nights at this hotel, the friendly staff who we found at the reception became one of those guys who would not want to listen to your concerns the day after. On the first night- we found the room ok altho' we noticed that for the rate it was bit expensive since no mini fridge or microwave in the room. We were helped at the reception for the local stores/attractions and were happy with that. After dropping our luggage in the room, we went out straight to Wegmans for food. When we returned to the room we just had dinner and intending to go to bed early for early morning trip to Watkins Glen and Waterloo Premier Outlet. I myself got first on the bed and as I pulled out the bed cover and sheet, a bug ran across the bed. My children screamed as I mentioned there's a bug that looked like a baby cockroach or earwig. I killed the bug with my slippers and called the reception right away. The guy at the reception who I met when we came in, told me that he will have to have us move to another room so I agreed because it was late already to look for a hotel room, that was past 10 p.m. My kids sat in the hallway being scared of the bugs and waiting for someone to come to move us to another room as I repacked our stuff, well, 25 minutes later we were still in the room, no one came up. In the meantime, I took a look of the other bed- and no bugs in there but hair around the feet side and under the pillows.So I called the reception again, this time this guy said, "oh I was waiting for you to come to the reception to pick up your keys for the new room" I told him- "why didn't you tell me so that I have to come down". So just to make it quicker, I ran down and have told him what I found and I took a picture of it. I asked him to go up and see what kind of bug that is, and should not be in any guest's room. He gave me all sort of reasons- so then I brought up the hair that we found on the foot side of the bed, the sheets didn't look like they were changed at all as it was crumpled. I wouldn't even know this if I hadn't pull out the cover and untucked the white sheets. It was gross!! my kids said. I told the guy- that instead of us having a good night sleep already we were still chasing for a room. At this point, he said- You are going to have this night for FREE and we hope you'll be comfortable in this new room. He gave us a room next door from #207 to room #209.
I went in the room 209- to check the beds first before I move my family over there. It was good and the beds were clean, the room has a smell of dirty toilet so I flushed it and sprayed some cologne to remove the nasty smell. It was working ok so I didn't call the reception anymore as it was getting really late for my kids as well.
The next day- at breakfast time- I went up to the reception and found a lady who didn't know anything about what I reported from the night before so I had to tell the story again and she called the Manager(who I met at our arrival in this hotel). They agreed to look at the room and yes they came back with a finding that there is a bug but he claimed it as just a mosquito and not a bedbug. I never said a bedbug, I said a bug that looked like a baby cockroach.
So this time, I asked,"how are you going to give me a credit for one night as I have already paid in full hotels.com?" The manager replied-" No, I can give you only 10% discount" and walked out. I said-whaaat? we almost stayed up all night just to be comfortable and making sure that there are no other bugs in the new room since it is next to each other" The lady couldn't say a word to tell me anything as the manager already walked away.
I found the refund of 10% back in my credit card, but I am still not happy with the way they handled this incident. I strongly feel that I should be refunded in full for that one night.
Later that day, my husband found the staff who dealt with me and told me that the first night was FREE but the Manager would not honor it. Now, this guy disowns his words- he said, "I never said that your first night was FREE"- -This a story of the TRUTH & LIES!
I am now decided not to get any closer to any La Quinta Hotel in the future since my family travels 6-10 times a year for a breakaway. What also they did not know, that I have been writing my reviews on Hotels.com and in TripAdvisor for our trips.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank havensprings
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We started our trip along the Erie Canal Heritage Trail in Lockport, NY, and this hotel is 58 miles in, a full days ride. It's less than 300yds from the trail as it crosses Lyell Ave. They were very accomodating, giving us a ground floor room, no need to carry bikes up the elevator. The rates were cheaper than other hotels further down the trail, and the room was fine, breakfast passable (there is a diner right across the street in case you're looking for more substance). They allowed us to keep our car there before and after our stay so we could ride light without saddlebags. We finished the trail the next day in Newark (40 more miles).

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Used my LQ points on a trip to Canada. Had stayed here before and will definitely come back. Comfortable room, easy to get to, friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends