“Great for bike trail travelers”

Radiance Inn And Suites
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We started our trip along the Erie Canal Heritage Trail in Lockport, NY, and this hotel is 58 miles in, a full days ride. It's less than 300yds from the trail as it crosses Lyell Ave. They were very accomodating, giving us a ground floor room, no need to carry bikes up the elevator. The rates were cheaper than other hotels further down the trail, and the room was fine, breakfast passable (there is a diner right across the street in case you're looking for more substance). They allowed us to keep our car there before and after our stay so we could ride light without saddlebags. We finished the trail the next day in Newark (40 more miles).

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Used my LQ points on a trip to Canada. Had stayed here before and will definitely come back. Comfortable room, easy to get to, friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I have no complaints about this hotel. The room was very clean, the breakfast was great, and the staff was pleasant and efficient. For the price, it is a great value. It was convenient to U of R, where I was dropping off my daughter. The pizza restaurant one block over has the best pizza ever!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Mizterrius
Reviewed April 23, 2011

The room was very nice. The cost was reasonable. The breakfast was better than I expected given the cost of the room, not just some muffins and bagels. I was very happy with my experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank OhioTrav42
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Very comfortable room, decent breakfast, nice staff. The only complaint was that you could hear the noise in the hallway pretty easily, although this may be a structural issue in how the building is designed, and it is doubtful that they can do anything about it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Traverseforfun
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Decided to reserve a King Jacuzzi Suite ($111.84) for my husband & I for the night, just to get away from home. I reserved a smoking room as I did a month ago when we stayed in the same kind of suite. I checked in and was greeted by the friendly receptionist at the front desk. Our room # was assigned & we proceeded to our room for the night. The room was very clean & exactly what I was looking for (@ least what I thought). The next morning we ate the complimentary breakfast, checked out & thanked the lovely staff for another wonderful nights stay. The next day I checked my online bank statement & noticed an additional $250 had been deducted from my account from LaQuinta Inn & Suites (Lyell Ave), I figured it must have been a terrible mistake. I called the hotel & spoke with Tina the manager (very very rude, not professional @ ALL). She explained to me that there was evidence of smoking in the room, come to find out the friendly idiot at the front desk gave us a non smoking suite opposed to the smoking I requested. Tina refused to hear me out & made me feel like a liar. She refused to refund the $250 even though it was the employees fault. She claims walls had to be painted & drapes changed but she wouldn't show me proof of all the work done. Needless to say after a week of calling corporate there going to issue a check for the additional charge.

Clean inexpensive hotel....Idiots behind the desk and an idiot for a manager. Stay if you want, smoke in your car....ITS CHEAPER!!

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank lady8907
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This hotel was clean, room was okay, breakfast okay--but location is not so good. It was hard to get into and out of the parking lot and I did not feel safe leaving the hotel at night. The staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business