“Fabulous food, great atmosphere...we will be back!”
Review of Pane Vino

Pane Vino
Ranked #24 of 1,288 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Rochester, New York
“Fabulous food, great atmosphere...we will be back!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I took my boyfriend here for his birthday since we wanted to go someplace new. The decor was very warm and inviting and we were promptly greeted and then seated. They had traditional Italian choices on the menu as well as some signature dishes. Our server was attentative. Wine list could have been a little more extensive in my opinion. I ordered the grilled Veal Chop served over garlic Lobster Polenta with grilled asparagus and peppers and onions. The Veal Chop was cooked perfectly per my request. My Boyfriend had the Shrimp Scampi over fettucini. The pasta was cooked al dente and the shrimp were large and very moist. I think the only thing we were slightly disappointed with dessert. The server informed us that they were out of cannoli's and out of another main dessert. We settled on the Tiramisu and when it arrived it was only about 2 inches thick if that. It arrived on a soup bowl with coco powder sprinkled on it and chocolate chips thrown on top. Really Chocolate chips? Maybe chocolate curls would have been more impressive. It had good flavor but not what I would have expected. We will definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012

“Awesome appetizers at the bar”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We were dropping in to a concert (Grouplove) at the music hall down the street and we had driven from Toronto.
Wanted a light meal before heading to the show. We made an awesome choice here. We didn't have the time to sit down at a table so we had appetizers and a glass of wine at the bar. The seafood soup and salad was super tasty !
And great bar service

1 Thank PhilipLingBones
Albany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Loved the atmosphere. The service was great and the wine selection very nice. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a business or romantic dinner. Both would work great.

Visited October 2012
Rochester, NY
“We forgot how good this place is...”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have dined at Pane Vino many times over the years, especially for business, but it has been quite awhile since we have eaten here. We have always liked the atmosphere of the dining room: the brick walls, the view of the river, the fireplace - it is a very inviting space. The Sicilian Calamari appetizer was very good - spicy and tender. The wine by the glass was a very generous pour for the price. The Veal Saltimbocca was excellent - it melted in my mouth. The Penne Vodka was also very good. The service was perfect - very efficient and friendly. We forgot how good Pane Vino was - we will not let so much time go by before we visit again. In a town with an oversupply of very good Italian restaurants this place is the best!

• Visited October 2012
Rochester, New York
“nice atmosphere, great food”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This was my first time here & can say Id def go back. Atmosphere was very nice inside & they also have an outdoor courtyard for dinning which look very nice & romantic. My girlfriend & I both ordered chicken french which was very good (& im picky about chicken french). Staff was also nice & helpful. I guess you can say its on the expensive side but everything looked only a few more dollars then other more casual restaurants. Check it out!

• Visited September 2012