“Whimsical Tea Party!”
Review of La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour - MOVED

La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We Now Have Gluten-Free Items ,Come on in!! We are now open 7 to 9 p.m. for Dessers including the biggest dessert in Rochester! Our chef is back!!! WE are a café with a tearoom ambiance
Reviewed February 22, 2014

If you want to enter a world of whimsical delight this is the place for you! Took my 2 grand daughters ( ages 5 and 7) - they loved the fancy tea cups, dishes and setting. Even macaroni and cheese tasted better on the fancy plate. Staff was very friendly and accommodating to our needs!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went today because we had a Groupon. There were 5 of us at our table. We all had the brunch which was priced on the menu at $15.75 but gets charged on our ball at $16.25. We would never make a big deal over $.50 though and I bet most don't. First we get our tea. We had 2 pots and both were broken. One had a very obvious glued together top and the other the spout was broken off.....which led to a pouring disaster! Our food was terrible. We left most of it on our plates. The only thing good is the scones - delish! But the french toast had canned apple pie filling on top - yuck! And the queche was awful......not even a likable consistency. And the bell on the table - make sure you ring it really loud if you need anything - like a Salvation Army bell ringer!! We were ready to go to McDonald's when we left just so we weren't still hungry. This was our first and our very last time at La-Tea-Da.....we should have believed the other horrible reviews we read. There is nothing elegant about this place (like I expected a tea room to be).

3  Thank debbiepie68
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have been to the restaurant a number of times and have had a positive experience. Today we visited with a Groupon. Somehow saying that we have one puts us immediately at a disadvantage. The owner seemed confused when we said we had a reservation and asked three times what my name was. One of the chairs at the table had no bottom and could only be sat on with a number of cushions in place. Our waitress was very pleasant. She explained the menu very well. We decided on splitting the Afternoon Tea (with an additonal charge for an additional plate). Our waitress said that we needed to order something else with it since we had the Groupon. We both ordered a bowl of soup too. After we got our food, the waitress came and said we needed to order another entree. This was printed no where on the Groupon as a condition. After we protested she agreed that we were fine since we had soup. A few minutes later the owner came over and asked if we were the people that had a question. I stated that we had no question(we were trying to eat!) She said that she was losing money on us with the Groupon and that we needed to order something else to go. I again explained that it wasn't stated that way on the Groupon as a condition. She relented. She was not very pleasant and I personally thought that this was an embarassment as other people nearby heard this conversation. I also do not like the fact that a 20% gratuaity was automatically tacked on to our bill because of the Groupon. We had good service, but if we had not I would have resented this charge(there were only 2 of us in the group). The food was good, but maybe the owner needs to stay in the kitchen or not use Groupons!

1  Thank DC1955
maureen4tea, Owner at La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

I wasn't trying to be crabby ,I am amazed at the people that do not read the fine print but worse the ones that are getting a deep discount and want to split the food [another discount Groupon wasn't set up to put us out of business,and its only 1% l that thinks a cup of soup { a side item is an entrée .The people that bring in 2 when it states 1 per table so they sit at 2 close tables or try to bend every stipulation don't realize how damaging these things can be to a ma and pa small business .Its a form of advertisement and 99% are wonderful and said they will be back . but I will continue to protect my Tearoom from people trying to take advantage and when I see that maybe I get a little weary. Other restaurants have stopped using them for this very reason, I still say my customers are the best on the planet save a few.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

From the minute you walk in, owner Maureen makes you feel like you are the most important guest. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable about menu items. And the food is fit for a queen! Quiches, sandwiches, desserts, and a BIG variety of teas to try. Atmosphere is fun and all the other guests are enjoying themselves, as you are.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We took a couple little girls, which was fun. They had plenty of costumes for them to try. The menu was limited, which is fine. But they charged extra to share, which I thought was excessive because their prices were already on the high side, and their menu was nothing special. The main reason to go is to experience "tea" and the costumes, but expect to pay a premium.