“Wonderful lunch experience!”
Review of La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour - MOVED

La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We Now Have Gluten-Free Items ,Come on in!! We are now open 7 to 9 p.m. for Dessers including the biggest dessert in Rochester! Our chef is back!!! WE are a café with a tearoom ambiance
Rochester, New York
“Wonderful lunch experience!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've been wanting to visit La-Tea-Da ever since it opened several years ago, so having my mom visit from out of town was the perfect opportunity for us to go. We choose to go for lunch on a weekday. We were asked if we had reservations (I had not even known that they take reservations--unfortunately, my several emails to the restaurant never received a response, and when I called last week about 1/2 hour after the opening time, I got a voice mail message). However, no reservations was no problem for our approximately 11:30 a.m. arrival. Although there was a party of 8 arriving at the same time, our waitress--actually a "nippie" in tea terms--still patiently took the time to show us the menu, explain about the various types of teas, and offer us the opportunity to select hats. Regarding the latter, one of the unique charms of La-Tea-Da is the various hat racks throughout the restaurant offering visitors the chance to do a bit of dress-up (children can do even more dress-up with plenty of play clothing available as well). There are wonderful selections, and patrons (all women when we were there!) are encouraged to have fun trying them on. Our waitress was wonderful, helping choose our tea by bringing out a tray of various loose leaf teas for us to sniff. We settled on a "Rainbow Rooibos," an excellent choice. All of the food we had was delicious, including Italian wedding soup, an eggplant wrap, a spinach quiche, a pear salad, and scones for dessert. Overall, we had a perfect lunch at La-Tea-Da and would not hesitate to return!

• Visited May 2013

NE
“Recommend that you call ahead to avoid competing with large groups”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Let me start my saying that we had a great value for the price. My mother and I opted for the $16.95 afternoon tea and we had more food than we could eat.

Our sole dissatisfaction was that we were told we couldn't have scones because of the bus tour that had arrived. We were offered bread pudding instead. When the owner came around to ask how we were enjoying ourselves, i expressed my displeasure and she brushed me off with a comment about the bus tour. I also overheard other patrons complaining about not having scones. After all, when you think of 'afternoon tea', you think of scones. A short time later, I noticed that the table next to ours did receive scones, so I called our waitress back over and pointed that scones did seem to be available. Sure enough, someone 'found' some scones for us. I'd cut the tea room some slack IF the bus tour was an unexpected arrival, but I know for a fact that the bus company made reservations weeks in advance.

We were also never offered the hats that other reviwers mentioned, So, the experience left us a bit dissatisfied. I think I might go back, but I would definitely call ahead to ensure that we would not be competing with some large group.

• Visited May 2013
maureen4tea, Owner at La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hello I am so sorry you had that experience that day .I have had only 1 tour bus this year and was going to close the house completely and p robably should have>.I did have another group that numbers increased so yes, we were overwhelmed!!! Please come back as my guests and let me know its you No worries ,we will make it up to you Thanks Maureen
Burlington, Canada
“Put on your best bonnet!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Beautiful location on tree lined street, with teas of every kind, delicious summer salad and you get to pick your own hat to wear!

Visited May 2013
Kincardine, Canada
“Fabulous Lunch”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I, along with a group of foodies from food.com. had the most pleasant lunch experience at this Tea Room. We were greeted with a friendly smile by our "Nippie" and the owner herself. It was suggested, to heighten our experience, we may want to adorn our heads with various styles of hats. What fun! The food was not only nicely presented, reasonably priced, but most importantly, tasted delicious. What a wonderful way to pass the early afternoon away. Thank you very much! When we visit Rochester again, this quaint little place will be included on our travel agenda.

• Visited April 2013
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I will never go to another place for tea!! The service was friendly and entertaining, we felt like family. My two year old and mother-in-law and I will be making this a tradition! The owner was most inviting and funny. I can't say enough. I recommend this for anyone. It's been amazing and I can't wait to come back

• Visited April 2013