“Recommend that you call ahead to avoid competing with large groups”
Review of La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour - MOVED

La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We Now Have Gluten-Free Items ,Come on in!! We are now open 7 to 9 p.m. for Dessers including the biggest dessert in Rochester! Our chef is back!!! WE are a café with a tearoom ambiance
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Let me start my saying that we had a great value for the price. My mother and I opted for the $16.95 afternoon tea and we had more food than we could eat.

Our sole dissatisfaction was that we were told we couldn't have scones because of the bus tour that had arrived. We were offered bread pudding instead. When the owner came around to ask how we were enjoying ourselves, i expressed my displeasure and she brushed me off with a comment about the bus tour. I also overheard other patrons complaining about not having scones. After all, when you think of 'afternoon tea', you think of scones. A short time later, I noticed that the table next to ours did receive scones, so I called our waitress back over and pointed that scones did seem to be available. Sure enough, someone 'found' some scones for us. I'd cut the tea room some slack IF the bus tour was an unexpected arrival, but I know for a fact that the bus company made reservations weeks in advance.

We were also never offered the hats that other reviwers mentioned, So, the experience left us a bit dissatisfied. I think I might go back, but I would definitely call ahead to ensure that we would not be competing with some large group.

maureen4tea, Owner at La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Hello I am so sorry you had that experience that day .I have had only 1 tour bus this year and was going to close the house completely and p robably should have>.I did have another group that numbers increased so yes, we were overwhelmed!!! Please come back as my guests and let me know its you No worries ,we will make it up to you Thanks Maureen

There are newer reviews for La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Beautiful location on tree lined street, with teas of every kind, delicious summer salad and you get to pick your own hat to wear!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I, along with a group of foodies from food.com. had the most pleasant lunch experience at this Tea Room. We were greeted with a friendly smile by our "Nippie" and the owner herself. It was suggested, to heighten our experience, we may want to adorn our heads with various styles of hats. What fun! The food was not only nicely presented, reasonably priced, but most importantly, tasted delicious. What a wonderful way to pass the early afternoon away. Thank you very much! When we visit Rochester again, this quaint little place will be included on our travel agenda.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I will never go to another place for tea!! The service was friendly and entertaining, we felt like family. My two year old and mother-in-law and I will be making this a tradition! The owner was most inviting and funny. I can't say enough. I recommend this for anyone. It's been amazing and I can't wait to come back

Reviewed April 17, 2013

One of the best scones I've ever tasted :) Large selection of quality teas. Overall, warm atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff. Great place to bring your daughter for tea time :)