“Love the place but..................”
Review of La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour - MOVED

La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We Now Have Gluten-Free Items ,Come on in!! We are now open 7 to 9 p.m. for Dessers including the biggest dessert in Rochester! Our chef is back!!! WE are a café with a tearoom ambiance
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Me and my friends went to this establishment last month when we all finally had a day off from our grueling schedrules. First off i loved the place it reminded me of my grandmothers home and it was really special. I loved the food and tea. I loved the tea varietys especially because i was sick and the peppermint tea did wonders for me. Me and my friends had ordered at least 3 full afternoon teas and when we all wanted another tea and tried another one just because it sounded nice but the tea made me feel really sick i asked one of the nippies for a diffrent kind of tea. she responded that they were closing in 30 minutes so she wasnt going to make anymore tea for our party. I was appaulled at this we had only ordered our last afternoon tea not but 10 minutes ago and for 16.25 for each of them i was pretty upset that i could not drink anymore tea for the rest of the time. While me and my friends conversed as well we got dirty looks from the nippies i can tell that they wanted us to leave i felt rushed and we didnt like the service towards the end. we left at shop close and my friend realised that she forgot her headphones so she went back the nippie told her she realized that we didnt leave a tip and told her to leave one next time in a rude fashion. I was really upset now at this point i value service especially from work places and the service in the last 30 minutes was uncalled for. I had always wanted to visit this place as a little girl and when i finally got to i was a little disappointed. I would still go back to the place and hope that they could redeem themselves because other than the service towards the end it was fabulous. I do feel a little guilty about not leaving a tip. even if service was bad we should have left one and if i was the one to go back i probably would have gave her money for her troubles. I do hope to return to this establishment soon but i seem a little hesitant because i dont want to be treated like i did last time. If i am i will never visit this place or recommend it again.

1  Thank Afields19
maureen4tea, Owner at La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Hi This is maureen and I do apologize on behalf of that server that day, Please come back as my guests and let me know it is you. I need to know these things so we can meet and go over this bad treatment you recieved. You will be my guests I hope you return, Thanks Maureen Becker

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Definitely a MUST!! Be sure to visit this gem in Rochester, NY!! We had our 9 year old daughter's birthday party there, with 6 of her friends. The owner is a DOLL!! and the staff was wonderful!! Everyone went above and beyond to make the party fun and memorable!! The place is super adorable, and the decorations and dress up items were fantastic!! The tea and treats were delicious, and the prices were awesome!! You will love this place for birthday parties, showers or anytime. Bring your mom, girlfriends, kids... anyone. Be ready to relax and enjoy, you won't be disappointed!!

maureen4tea, Owner at La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you so ,You also were one of the best people ever ! we enjoyed you so! Can't wait to see you again . Ta-ta maureen

Reviewed September 23, 2012

La-Tea-Da Tea Room is just amazing!! They have a terrific High Tea which is a great thing to share with a friend. The servers are knowledgeable and the selections are a terrific. The tea rooms just need a really good cleaning!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a lovely lunch at La-Tea-Da this afternoon. It was a surprise birthday party for my mom and they were wonderfully helpful in making it a fun-filled afternoon. Can't wait to visit again very soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My friend and I recently visited La-Tea-Da! and had a delightful lunch. I ordered the Chilled Leek and Dill soup which was quite tasty with the hint of mint. My friend who had never had a chilled soup before ventured to try a bit of my soup and pronounced it quite delicious. My sandwich was more than I could eat and the salad was enough for two meals. Although we were quite full from our lunch, we couldn't resist ordering a scone to share. It definitely was not like most of the scones we were accustomed to. It was more like a sweet cake, served with wonderful double cream, another new experience for my friend and strawberry preserves were like the type my grandmother used to serve. While our lunch was a bit pricey, it was truly worth it and we will go back again since there are other items on the menu that we'd like to try.