“Nice Place, Kids had fun”
Review of La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour - MOVED

La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We Now Have Gluten-Free Items ,Come on in!! We are now open 7 to 9 p.m. for Dessers including the biggest dessert in Rochester! Our chef is back!!! WE are a café with a tearoom ambiance
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I like the idea of this place, kind of an English "tea time" throwback. The kids can dress up in their "fancies" and hold their pinkies up as they sip Earl Grey or other more exotic teas. It's in a house so the rooms felt a little cramped, but the service and the food was good. Overall it felt a little pricey for what is essentially eating in a playhouse while playing dolly tea time dress up. It was like going to Sweet and Sassy for food (but decent food with a nice tea selection).

1  Thank h1d3m3
There are newer reviews for La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I can;t wait ti take my grand daughter when she gets older. This tea room serves wonderful lunches and provides hats and boas to dress for the part. Decor just right for tea room with cups and saucers you don't often see nowadays. We enjoyed eating on the porch this summer.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Just enjoyed tea at La-Tea-Da for the first time with my 8 year old. She loved all the dress up fun and tried on 100 hats! It was crowded due to the Groupon and a couple birthday parties - no biggie. I had just called for a reservation this morning and the owner was very accomodating. It is small inside aka 'cozy' so if you need lots of elbow room or don't want to hear your neighbors conversation, this isn't the place for you. Then again neither is most every restaurant in NYC! The dining 'rooms' are each unique with lots of silly things to see. Loved the mismatched place settings & china. The service was good. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive, but not too much so. We relaxed and enjoyed out tea, cocoa & croissants. The food was tasty and well prepared. The turkey, bacon & brie croissants with apple butter were delish. We shared the strawberry scone cake which was big enough for twice as many to enjoy! Lovely mother-daughter outing for all ages. We will definately be back.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Though it is quaint and cozy with grandma decor, the food was meh. Luckily I had a groupon, otherwise I found it overpriced for my selection of sandwiches. I'm not a foodie nor skilled in the kitchen, yet I could have made better finger sandwiches with quality breads han what was offered (one of the sandwiches served was of a private-label "Wonder Bread" type the consistency of a wet sponge). I had gone the day before which was Mother's Day and a packed house. I had to wait a very long time without anyone coming to greet me. I understand on that day of course the staff will be overwhelmed, but at least acknowledge my presence and let me know it might be at least a half hour wait or longer. I left. Again, had it not been for a groupon coupon I don't think I would have gone back.

maureen4tea, Owner at La-Tea-Da! Tea Room & Parlour, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Hi Its maureen. So sorry you thought it was Wonder Bread What by the way is Meh? /Very cute I get it but would love to have you back as my guests ,maybe the third time is a charm! Anyway many people tell me they love it so I don't know what to Do? If you have any suggestions you can write me at Mbecker15@rochester.rr.com. I'd love the new ideas you may bring Have a wonderful day ! maureen Becker

Reviewed September 3, 2012

My daughter, granddaughter and I visited La-Tea-Da for the first time Saturday. My granddaughter is 6 years old, a sassy diva princess who loves to play dress up, role play and have fun! When the staff found out that it was our first time at La-Tea-Da, they went out of their way to make sure our experience was special. We were seated in the best room so we could enjoy the entire experience. Our nippie helped our little princess with picking out the right hat, boa, fan and of course, tiara. We were treated so wonderfully from the beginning. The food was delicious. The atmoshere was fun and whimsical not only for little ones but for us adults as well. It was like we were going back in time when we had our little "tea parties" at home and brought back a little of our childhood. So Fun! We are talking about coming back and bringing some of our family and friends to share our experience! Maybe even having grandaughter birthday celebration. Thanks Maureen for such a wonderful place where we can be little girls again with our little girls. We will be back. 5 big huge stars for La-Tea-Da!