“Solid overnighter”

Quality Inn Rochester Airport
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed May 8, 2008

Some personal business led to my staying here several nights over the last few months. Essentially just needed a place to sleep, as most people staying near an airport do, and it's an excellent value for that. Basic but decent bedding and furnishings. Can be loud in the parking lot but the fan can cover any outside noise.

They seem to be trying to compete with the Courtyard chain. Similar setup with desk, in-room safe, etc. I really liked that the wi-fi is included, as is the continental breakfast. A pub-food-type restaurant just opened.

But perhaps the best aspect is staff -- super nice people at the counter and shuttle drivers (also free). They really made my stay.

Only drawback is the neighborhood. There's a somewhat seedy liquor store next door. Doesn't seem conducive to an evening stroll, although there's a Burger King across the street and a Panera restaurant about a mile down Chili Ave.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank JerseyFlyer

Reviewed February 25, 2008

I looked at the reviews on this site and felt that it was worth a try. The hotel is pretty convenient to the airport and to downtown Rochester and fairly easy to find. There was a no frills lobby and an easy check-in. I got to my room on the second floor from the back of the hotel and realized that I was probably the only person staying in this part of the hotel. The back parking lot turned out to be well lit at night so I wasn't too worried about my car. I used my key card to get in the door, but realized afterward that the door was not locked for my entire stay. This wasn't very comforting.

My first impression of the room was that I was getting a nice quality room that had been fairly recently refurbished. Upon closer inspection, the nitpicky things became a bit more obvious--leaky faucet in the tub, not 100% certain there were fresh sheets on the bed, stuff on the iron, and the room was pretty dusty.

I'm not sure I would stay here again--it wasn't so bad that I would say no, but there are many other hotels that may be a bit nicer for the price.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 25, 2007

Clean accommodations, very helpful staff, comfortable room, good complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2007

Was in Rochester on business. Hotel very accomodating while very busy. Wireless internet was a huge help and their extended breakfast was delicious. Planning to stay again in January and will stay there when ever I am in Rochester.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2007

Just returned from a 1 night staying using choice privileges points. This hotel was definitely a great value at only 8000 points. The staff was very polite and helpful. The hotel itself was very clean, and the room was clean as well. We did not have time to use the pool, but it was very large and the water felt warm. The breakfast was much better than most hotels: individually wrapped danish (variety) and bagels, as well as english muffins and toast. Make your own belgian waffles, egg patties and sausage links. Also, nutrigrain bars, individual cereal boxes and oatmeal packets, apples, bananas, and individual yogurt cups. Biscuits and gravy that tasted awesome and a variety of juices, teas, and coffee. During the week they also have freshly baked cookies in the lobby (we were there on a weekend; bummer!). Very convenient location, right near the highway. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank RebeccaSal
Reviewed May 27, 2007

I stayed at this Quality Inn in May 2007. As the other reviewer stated it has been recently renovated, all new beds, linens, air conditoners, carpeting, breakfast room etc. (It used to be a Days Inn)

It is very close to the airport and is conveniently located off of exit 19 from Rt 390, so I did not feel like I was going to get lost when coming back late at night.

The breakfast bar has changed since this hotel was last reviewed. It now has make your own belgian waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal bowls to go, toast, muffins, bagle, fruit cups, tazo tea, coffee with coffemate hazelnut and french vanilla cream, Dannon yogurt fruit in the bottom and also fruit blends, sausage, fried eggs, and lots more. The other thing I liked that if you had to depart the hotel before 7am they would make up for you a breakfast bag to go. (You had to let them know the night before that you would be needing the breakfast bag.

I would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank Sunset520
Reviewed May 26, 2007

I made a reservation at the Quality Inn Airport months in advance for our son's graduation from RIT. I confirmed with a credit card the day before we arrived. When we arrived at the hotel we were told there was a little problem..... some of their other guests "had decided to stay over", so there was no room for us! But they had arranged rooms for us at Comfort Inn West, ten minutes extra drive away in the wrong direction. Needless to say, I was pretty unhappy (still am, for that matter). We had specifically selected this hotel because it is very close to our son's apartment and also quite close to the college. And knowing that some other guests were just plain more important than us and our reservation was galling. After a three hour drive we were looking forward to putting our feet up, not plunging back into holiday weekend Rochester traffic. When we found the "new" hotel we were told there were no non-smoking rooms left and we would have to tolerate a smoking room. And of course every hotel in town was booked due to graduation so we couldn't look elsewhere.

The graduation was great, and we didn't let the bad experience with the hotel ruin our day. But it does make me wonder, what good is it to have a reservation???

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family