“Best bar on Monroe”

Acme Bar & Pizza
Ranked #529 of 1,306 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Pizza, Bar
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

In the Monroe bar district in Rochester, this is arguably the best one. Always has a good crowd, and beer specials. Fun place to watch a game. Only complaint is the hallway leading to the bathroom downstairs is kinda shady, but overall, great atmosphere. Always friendly people, and cheap pizza.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I will NEVER EVER step foot infront of Acme Bar in my life. I had the worst experience in my life here.
-This place is somewhere where the scum of the earth hangs out. Low Life Central.
- I was in the down stairs bathroom in this bar, and a Black male touched my chest, as I was waiting for another person to finish up.
-When the Bouncer (Who was a Large Black Male) at the door was told about this incident-- He
told me and I quote

"This is your fault this happened" (I still till this day remember his look on his face when he told me this and still never understood why he would say that)\
*The man was never approched or asked to leave.

-The night was awfull- The staff there care less about your safety (I filed a police report about the incident and the man was caught as the bar NEVER made him leave.)

-I came to find out, the man had a past record for sexual assult (He had been CHARGED with Rape)
***THE PEOPLE WHO HANG OUT IN THIS BAR ARE SCUM BAGS-You can tell by just looking at the crowd.***

Cheep drinks- Scummy Monroe Ave people- and Dollar slices = Scum Bag Central. Stay away from this place.

1  Thank TravelReview411
Reviewed March 25, 2012

They serve the best pizza we've found had since moving to Rochester a year ago - thin yet substantial, with a chewy crust. The beer selection is great; we recently discovered Founders beer, which is a Michigan brew that we hadn't been able to find in New York state, even at Beers of the World! I thought my husband would have an aneurysm! Overall, fun, relaxed atmosphere - not pretentious in the least. Perfect bar to watch a game and hang out with friends!

1  Thank manek1
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Their pizza and bugers are great. Good drink deals. Good location on Monroe ave. I had a problem with the manager/owner where I paid for my meal and drinks with my card but I was tipping cash. He thought I was stiffing him when I signed the slip. Nonetheless...not happy about that but I've gone back. Unreasonably slow service when its busy and bartenders sometimes have an attitude.

1  Thank Sevencentsvern
Reviewed May 8, 2010

this place rocks! awesome food, awesome music. i wish they could be open all nite. Pizza and beer what a thought. Whenever im in Rochester, this is the place to go