“Nice atmosphere and convenient”

Max of Eastman Place
Ranked #227 of 1,269 Restaurants in Rochester
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester, New York
“Nice atmosphere and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

My husband and I were attending the annual RPO Holiday Pops Concert recently and decided to grab dinner before the show rather than try to find something afterward that wasn't nachos and beer. Having been to Max's Chophouse on a few occasions, we made reservations at Max of Eastman Place. This location is directly across the street from Eastman Theatre- very convenient and has valet parking available. Being typically late eaters, we were feeling a little strange eating with the older crowd at 5:30 when they opened for dinner. Our server was attentive but decreasingly so as the tables were filled. That said, we have waited longer for service at other restaurants. I ordered one of the specials which I believe was trout with mushrooms and too much butter- yes, I managed to eat it despite the volume of butter. My husband had steak which was done perfectly and well seasoned. We ordered the oysters to start which were seasoned with a lemon-pepper sauce; they were some of the most delicious oysters I have eaten. Highly recommending the oysters.
After dinner and the show, we came back to Max for a cocktail at the bar. It was us and what appeared to be every other employee. Not what we expected but we got our drink and left shortly after. Being so convenient and having good food, we will certainly make plans there in the future.

• Visited December 2013