“Worth the wait.”

Cuisines: Sushi
Rochester, New York
“Worth the wait.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This sushi is absolutely amazing. I love sushi places because I am gluten free and there's usually a large assortment of things that I can have. They even have gluten free soy sauce upon request - which is hard to find. My only problem was the wait. I've been on both Wednesday and Thursday nights recently, and had to wait an hour to an hour and a half for a table. By the time you get to eat, you end up eating and spending too much because you're so overly hungry! Overall, the excellence of the food was definitely worth the wait though.

Visited February 2013

Rochester, New York
“Always delicious!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great sushi, friendly staff, great new decor. Prices are reasonable and they offer groupons regularly. Great place to eat with friends.

Visited January 2013
Rochester, NY
“Not your typical Sushi”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We are regulars, have been for quite some time. We like CR because of the unusual array of sushi esp. the cooked and tempura rolls with such ingredients as bacon, jalapenos, raspberries, etc. There is nothing like this at the other sushi places in town. We like the new location though it lacks the funkiness of the old spot. The new place is much nicer though I do think the service has slipped since they moved. We noticed that the hostesses have gotten surly. And on our most recent visit the waitress did a poor job: she forgot the sake, the appetizers, a beer - we had to remind her each time. Thank goodness we were eating at the sushi bar because we got the sushi right from the chef or who knows if we would have gotten it. Overall the sushi is great!

• Visited January 2013
Upstate, New York
“Great sushi, Great Selection, Warm Personal Service”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughter and I had lunch at California Rollin today. They have recently moved to a new, bigger, brighter location in the Village Gate complex. It isn't far away from their old location, but you might have to ask somebody to direct you to their door due to all of the construction improvements they are making at the complex. We were warmly greeted and invited to seat ourselves. The waitress was warm, courteous and helpful. We selected 3 types of cooked sushi and ate family style. When my soft drink got low, attentive wait staff brought me a refill right away.
The sushi was very good and fresh. I will definitely make another visit.

• Visited January 2013
Takoma Park, Maryland
“Reliable sushi”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good choices (even for vegans), and a good beer selection. The location is better in summer, but still great.

Visited December 2012