“Great Food in a Laid-Back Atmosphere”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Forest Hill Restaurant
Ranked #438 of 1,294 Restaurants in Rochester
Rochester, New York
“Great Food in a Laid-Back Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

If you're looking for great food at a fair price in a laid-back atmosphere, head for the Forest Hills Restaurant at 41 East Manitou Road in Greece near Braddocks Bay. This unassuming little restaurant has some of the best and most affordable food I've run into on the west side of Rochester.

I've now been there three times in the last three months and have not yet been disappointed. On my first visit I enjoyed the Beef Tenderloin with Molasses Bourbon Sauce. The beef was tender and sauce was unique and very tasty. The second visit found me ordering the Veal French. Again, the veal was tender and the sauce was spectacular. Last night on my third visit, I ordered the Fried Sea Scallops ($21.00). My order resulted in nine plump sea scallops, a generous portion of french fries, a huge side serving of corn, and a basket of fresh Italian bread. The scallops were cooked to perfection (silky smooth in texture) with a light coating surrounding the briny sweet morsels. I'm not sure whether the corn was fresh or came from a restaurant serve-pack, but it was deliciously seasoned in a rich butter sauce.

Forest Hills is not a swanky, suit coat and tie kind of place. Its much more of a local mom & pop restaurant where you can comfortably fit in while wearing jeans, shorts, or more dressy attire. The service is down-home, the drinks are a full pour, and the service is friendly, quick, and without error.

On a scale of 1-to-10, this little gem rates a definite 9+ if you looking for a really good local eatery!

• Visited August 2014