“Nice place, decent food and drink”

Winton BAR and Grill
Ranked #719 of 1,321 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stopped into the Winton Bar & Grill this afternoon for lunch. I've worked across the street from it for six years without ever stopping in. (I think it's only been managed by this owner for the past year.)

Inside the place I found a fairly large dining room and a long, attractive bar that was being tended by a single young female bartender. (There were only a couple patrons there over lunch hour.) I ordered a Guinness stout beer and a plate with "white hots" and fries. I'm glad they had the Guinness, because they did not offer an extensive selection of brews...much less than most other area bars. But the patrons seemed satisfied and that's all that matters.

The white hots were tasty, as were the fries, so I enjoyed the meal. What I did NOT enjoy was the trip downstairs to the mens room, which I found to be disgusting. There was "fluid" on the floor, and the place stunk like urine. I can understand how, after a hard Saturday night, things can get that way. But please, clean it up before lunch the following day! (I tried to ignore the fact that my shoes were sticking to the stairs on the way back up to the bar.)

Besides that, the bar was OK and the food was good, so I would come back again, although I'd be tempted to try another local place first, just to compare.