“New favorite”

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Rochester, New York
“New favorite”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I adore this restaurant. The food is fantastic. The woman who runs the front of house is always smiling and remembers me every time I visit. I love the vegetarian buffet on Fridays and Saturdays.

2 Thank TravelingSpangela

Rochester, New York
“Something new for us”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had never had Ethiopian before, really enjoyed it. Small place, sparse but nice decorations. If you like spicy food, this is for you. Server was very pleasant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank MarkW384
Utica, New York
“great food terrible service”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Their Ethiopian food is excellent. But plan on a long long wait and don't expect the order to be right. We ordered a meat combination and eventually the vegetarian combo came out. The waitress asked if we needed injera. Of course. It never came. But the vegetable plate was delicious. We had ordered 3 dishes for carry out and one of those was also wrong. The people at the next table had the same issues. It was a comedy of errors. But oddly the food was all so good it didn't really matter.
So my advice is go and enjoy whatever you get and just go with the flow. I think we were there over 2 hours for lunch today. So go when you've got some time.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank MarilynUtica_NY
NY
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The portion size, price, quality of the food and service were all wonderful.
The portions are very large so they can easily be shared.
A great place to try authentic Ethiopian food.
P

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank clarinet51
Ballston Spa, New York
“Wonderful Ethiopian Food!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were looking for something different when my sister and I visited Rochester in early January. This restaurant looked like it would fill the bill. It lived up to our expectations. We thought that by arriving early about 5 PM seating would be no problem even tho it was a Saturday evening. Wrong! We took the last table that was not reserved. Of course it is not a large place. But our poor waitress really had to hustle to keep up and she did a great job!

After looking over the menu, I couldn't resist one of the lamb preparations and my sister opted for the vegetarian platter. Both were delicious, served with a yummy green salad and the traditional bread. The amount of lamb forced me to ask for a take-out container--it was plenty for two main courses for me. I did check out the buffet table ($9.95) and it all looked very appealing. Maybe next time I'm in Rochester!

Visited January 2014