“Very good menu, but way too noisy”
Review of 2 Vine - CLOSED

2 Vine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Avenue
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This us a great spot for lunch or dinner. Wonderful menu sections, but it is way too noisy to have conversations with other propel at your table at dinner. Very popular.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Beet salad was served without a single piece of beets! Chef forgot to put it on according to the server. Bread is dry and no longer warmed. Manager explained they no longer have a warming oven because in Italy b read isn't served warm! Steak requested medium rare came well done. Server argued that it looked brown because of the lighting!!! It was redone and served with the frites cooked again so they were very dark overdone and dry. Our friends finished their unsatisfactory dinners before ours were returned. Manager Xavier wasn't helpful. This isn't the same place we used to love. Will not go back again.

2  Thank LKG609
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The serving size is perfect and the food is well prepared and delicious. It made a great anniversary outing for my wife and I. We will be back.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

The 2 Vine has a unique ambience with its long bar, large windows, panelling, etc., that makes the restaurant seem like a favourite stopping place in the countryside instead of being in the midst of downtown Rochester. On a recent visit we enjoyed our meal in a quiet corner far from other areas of the dining room where the noise levels made it difficult to hear what others at the table were saying. The food was good, the service friendly, and we recommend the 2 Vine to anyone who enjoys unusual menu items which are prepared with style.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I went to 2 Vine on a Friday night before a show downtown. I asked for a glass of wine. $9 which is fine. I received a very scratched not so good glass. The wine pour was 4oz max. Not a good way to start the evening. A restaurant of this caliber should note what fine wine service is by taking a trip to Next Door or Revelry; which are major standouts in Rochester in respect to serving wine. I would have ordered a second, but not in a crummy glass and a stingy pour. Come on, industry standard is 6 oz.'s.

My husband ordered the seafood stew for $32 which was excellent and a generous portion. I ordered the spaghetti with shrimp and mussels for $25. The pasta portion had to be 1/2 cup at the max. Appetizer size, not entree size. That being said; it was absolutely delicious! I would love to visit again, but for $25 and still starving after; and poor wine service, probably not.