“Not fine dining but very enjoyable”

Mr Dominic's On the Lake
Ranked #79 of 1,294 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pittsford, New York
“Not fine dining but very enjoyable”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

this place is a Rochester destination restaurant. It's up by the lake and is very popular. Reservations are accepted but be prepared to wait up to 20 minutes to be seated even with a reservation. Once seated you will be presented with a menu containing a wide array of dishes you'd expect to see at your typical neighborhood Italian restaurant, and then some. Seating is tight, service is quite good and the food is tasty with ample portions, Pricing is very reasonable, given the overall offering. We enjoy dinners with friends here a few times a year.

Pleasantville, New York
“Very Good Italian - Nice Variety”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My first visit to Mr Dominic's last night I hope will not be my last. The food was great with a nice variety of meat, fish and pasta. I was particularly impressed with the many ways that veal was prepared. There was a good wine list with a nice selection of interesting wines by the glass. It was quite crowded ( and loud)on a Sat night but that is a testament to its quality. I ordered Veal Marciano ( wine sauce with prosciutto & artichokes). It was very good but could have been a tad less salty. You can't beat the location right on Lake Ontario. Make a reservation because it seems it really fill up.

Rochester, New York
“A Rochester Classic”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

One of the very good Italian-American restaurants in Rochester. We had dinner there with both adults and teens; everyone was very happy with the great food and attentive service. We arrived on time with reservations we had made (on a very busy Friday), and were seated pretty quickly.

Chicken French was really enjoyed, baked ziti and rigatoni too. There was alot of leftovers; serving sizes are ample. Try it, you'll like it!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Salty food and pushy staff”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Went here with a group of 14 for a birthday celebration. My calamari appetizer and eggplant parm dinner were both way too salty. All throughout dinner the staff tried to clear our plates even though it was obvious we were not finished eating. The check was dropped before we were able to order coffee or birthday dessert. The staff immediately began clearing our table and setting up for the next group within seconds of standing up from our chairs. Way tofeel rushed and pushed out. I will definitely not be coming back!

1 Thank Kikio73
North Carolina
“Newly decorated....”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went there while visiting Rochester and were surprised with a good meal. My last review of this place was less than glowing. Food was really good this time with the exception of the store bought bread, and service was good.... better than the last time. I figured out while sitting there I had been coming to this place for over 55 years. I ordered the $.10 beer and they just laughed. Their makeover is a real improvement.

• Visited August 2013