“Eat Italian”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Eat Italian”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Although the decor is not anything special, you will find good service and high quality offerings at reasonable prices.

“Too crowded”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This has been a long standing favorite among Rochestarians but it has always been over crowded and through the years, food has failed us.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Cdaviso2
Rochester, NY
“YUM”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I revisited Dominic's after they completed their makeover. The place is still small but it is well worth the visit. It is not a place for a quick stop in and eat as you may have to wait for a limited number of tables. So you have to kill time at the bar - no problem here! The food is fabulous and I would recommend the wait. Staff very pleasant.

Visited December 2012
Rochester, New York
“Italian Restaurant with an average flair...”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Although this place has been a Rochester main stay, my first visit was rather non-eventful. The greens and beans I ordered were really good, so that was fine. The side salad that came with my dinner, iceberg lettuce (really? Italian and no Romaine?) reminded me of a McDonalds Garden Salad, and I have not seen one of those in about 30 years. My entree, the fried shrimp, should have be called fried batter with a little shrimp in the middle. Mind you these were JUMBO shrimp so if there was that much batter to dwarf these shrimp, you get the idea. The staff was very attentive and polite so that was also fine. I cant imagine paying 20 dollars for 6 Jumbo shrimp and a Salad, but apparently I did. I think the prices are high for the portions. I'd probably not come back, it really was not anything special. I eat at Italian places all over NYC, so I know good Italian Food, in NYC the portions are too big, but, the prices are right.

• Visited January 2013
South Orange, New Jersey
“Excellent Italian Dinner”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We recently had Sunday dinner at Mr. Dominics (12/9/12). The service was great, the food wonderful. I had not been to this place before, but was very glad we did. The chicken piccatta was mouthwatering! Great place to dine.

• Visited December 2012