“I wasn't dissapointed....”
Review of The Revelry

The Revelry
Reserve with OpenTable
The Revelry is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Culver Road
Rochester, New York
“I wasn't dissapointed....”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I had read a review of the Revelry in City (I don't generally like to admit this stuff) and I honestly thought it was the most scrumptious dining review I had ever read. I of course realized I had to go there and find out for myself sometime. Since we eat regularly at Pomedoro, finding it wasn't difficult; figuring out which entrance belongs to which business is confusing as heck though -- there are three drives to turn in each about a foot apart!
I really thought the Revelry was going to be darkish inside. We were upstairs, and it wasn't. I'm not going to bore anyone with my faux attempts at exquisite food descriptions, because these things always wreak of elitism without real knowledge. The waiter ( a guy) was excellent plus. The beer list was a bit goofy. I'm not into the new craft brew thing where most of the beers taste like someone just dumped a garbage can full of hops into each bottle. I don't like weak, watery, timid brews that have been so much a part of the Amercan beer scene either. They had a great British ale (Boddingtons) on tap, but it turned up empty. So I settled for a German pilsner; I do know most of them, and hadn't heard of this one. It was too hoppy and bitter...really, the only down part of the dining experience. BTW, I got the catfish. It was great. The enhancements were great (those little food things on the side of the plate that you normally wouldn't eat). I'm sure the deserts were super also, but I don't do desert normally, because I don't like feeling bloated. I did get the beet deviled eggs though -- ummmm!! super delicious.

“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I decided to go to dinner. We chose Revelry based on the reviews, and the food we found to be average,. Her steak was a little tough and chewy.
My grouper was tasty yet not exciting.
Probably not go again.

Visited August 2014
Rochester, NY
“Loved It”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stopped in for drinks this past Friday on a whim and ended up staying for dinner as well. Cool bar area with eclectic, very friendly crowd. This seems to be a “bar tenders bar” in that I didn’t notice any standard offerings and many patrons raved about the drinks. We are beer drinkers – no standard draft offerings here – only five craft beers which were quite good. Did not have reservation but was able to obtain table for dinner on first floor. There is outside seating but it was raining that night. Service and food were outstanding. Wife raved about the mac & cheese while my double pork chop was to die for; huge yet very moist. Many service people attended to our needs, all of which were met. Another great addition to the Rochester bar and restaurant scene. Will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2014
Rochester, New York, United States
“The Revelry - A Gem”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The Revelry recently celebrated one year in Rochester. It's a great dining spot with an innovative menu and impeccable service. Hats off to the management and service teams for making my dining experience first-rate. Dan was a superb server and my brief chat with owner Jenna was an added treat. I am eager to return to explore additional menu offerings.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Another great meal!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had the pleasure of dining at Revelry today, for lunch.
Each time I've eaten there, the service and food have been top notch!
Add to your experience by requesting Heather as your server! She was wonderful!

1 Thank Mary Beth B