“sub par chicken wings”

The Distillery
Ranked #139 of 1,280 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Distillery is an award winning high energy bar and restaurant that offers fantastic ambiance and hospitality for any drinking and dining occasion whether it's business, pleasure or a celebration!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“sub par chicken wings”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was craving some good quality buffalo wings and ordered some for takeout from this place (the Winton Road branch) based on it claiming top reviews from a local newspaper, but I was very disappointed. The wings were abnormally large and looked and tasted like they were broiled rather than deep fried.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mustapha B

Webster, New York
“Better then I thought”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I am tired of going to the same restaurants all the time so I started exploring, I like beer so I thought I would go to this place, after all a distillery should have bear. When we arrived the hostess were very pleasant and told us that the wait was 35 to 45 minutes, we decided to wait. 16 minutes later we were in and sitting. YAY.

The waitress was awesome, she was friendly and and she knew how to make recommendations.

The beer selection was nice, I am a Guinness fan, and they had some awesome combinations using Guinness.

The fish tacos which were very good, my wife ordered a steak which she said was nothing special.

Overall we would recommend this place and we will be back again, you should go too.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Robert V
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Pretty Good for a Sports Bar”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had dinner here with a business associate while staying locally on business travel. The place is huge, and has several different seating areas. The host started to seat us in the rear corner (near the bathrooms), but it was noisy and the lighting in that area was really harsh. We decided to sit at a high-top table in the bar area instead, which was surprisingly quieter than the dining area.

I had the Buffalo chicken wrap with the homemade chips. The food was pretty good and the beer was cold - what more can you really ask for.

Visited February 2014
Leesburg, Virginia, United States
“Love those wings”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

It's got to be The Distillery for wings when we are in Rochacha....I know there are plenty of other choices of places to go for wings but this is definitely where we stop. It's a hopping place. Lot's of people coming and going and enjoying themselves. The beer's always cold, too. Sometimes the service slacks off, think slow....it's been like that for 30 years. I guess it's just one of those things that you get used too.

• Visited October 2013
ontario canada
“waiter needs training....”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was at the Distillery on Saturday night with two of my friends on a girls shopping weekend. The food was okay....I had the fish tacos. The issue was with our server Alex, not sure if he was new but he needs more training. Not a real people person, the real thing that annoyed me was that he dropped our bill off at the table while we were sitting still eating dinner! No "would you like dessert or coffee"...he just dropped it and ran. I believe he understood I was annoyed with this and my tip reflexed my annoyance. Will I come back? No, I enjoyed my two other meals I had just down the street at Bar Louie.

• Visited April 2014