“Great neighborhood diner”

Mt Hope Diner
Ranked #294 of 1,272 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester, New York
“Great neighborhood diner”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We come here often. It is a casual neighborhood diner type restaurant, with reasonable prices and a good variety of selections on the menu. They have a list of specials each day. The food is always good, and there is a friendly atmosphere. I recommend Mt. Hope Diner for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Syracuse, New York
“extremely average diner”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I LOVE diners and as such try to stop in one any chance I get. I tried this one in particular both because of the convenient location as well as reviews I read here on Trip Advisor. Boy was I disappointed. I can't say the food was terrible, but it was average at best and severely lacking in seasoning. And the hospitality was also quite lackluster. I don't plan to eat here again unless I'm really desperate. . . I was surprised at the price too. . . several dollars more for a crappy omelette than what I pay at an amazing diner near where I live. . .

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“First rate dinner”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

If you are looking for a dinner and you are in the southwest wedge of Rochester this is one you should give consideration to.

Visited April 2013
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Very average diner food.”
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We ate breakfast at this small diner on a weekday morning. I ordered Eggs Benedict which were really less than average. The sauce was gummy thick and the muffins were overtoasted. My husband had a more traditional combination omelet with home fries. The omelet was average, but the fries were dry and not very appealing.

Rochester, New York
“good and fast”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

went for Sunday morning breakfast, diner was very busy but food was coming out in a very reasonable amount of time, food was great and wait staff were very pleasant and organized.
I highly recommend this diner, there is a reason they are so busy!