“The Obama special is special!”

Magnolia's Deli & Cafe
Ranked #51 of 1,386 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 26, 2014

President Obama ate here in August 2013 and you won't be disappointed to follow in his footsteps. The visit was suggested by the local senator and it. Must have been quite an event!
He had the tomatoes soup and a grilled cheese sandwich, which they now have as a special and it really is! Excellent soup and a very tasty 1/2 sandwich make for an outstanding lunch!
Nice setting in a lovely part of town, sidewalk tables under the trees, reasonable prices and pleasant and courteous staff.

1  Thank George G

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The Prez ate here, so I had to, too! Have returned since and will again. Love the food; waitress was lovely. My daughter and I enjoy it every time.

1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My SO and I were looking for a nice place for lunch. Magnolia's came highly recommended and we were not disappointed. Although it bills itself as vegetarian/vegan, I had a chicken salad with avocado on a croissant and he had a turkey with havarti, lettuce, pepper and a bunch of other stuff panini. They both arrived with chips and a crisp pickle and were absolutely delicious. Our meals were delivered in a timely manner and our server was extremely personable.

We will definitely be visiting again!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Their signature soup ... Tomato, artichoke and cheese, is the very best. I always have it when I go there. Great sandwiches, salads and desserts.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Mgnolia's is in one of the nicest part of the city. The menu was extensive and varied. My quiche came with fruit salad....both delish! Indoor atmosphere is very cozy....a little noisy....but nice. Staff were friendly and service was great! Outdoor seating is limited but it's a nice spot for enjoying the day and the wonderful food. Too full for dessert! And, to top it all off, when he was in town, the President ate here!

2  Thank Kate G