“Amazing food, dessert and service all in one place!”

Magnolia's Deli & Cafe
Ranked #51 of 1,288 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Lexington, Kentucky
“Amazing food, dessert and service all in one place!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stopped here for lunch with our son. It was crowded so we debated waiting. I am so glad we decided to wait for a table. We did not have to wait long and it was worth every second of the wait! My son and husband had soup and a sandwich. I had the University Sandwich. All of our meals were excellent. Even though we had to get to go boxes for our sandwiches, my son and I split a dessert! It was melt in your mouth delicious! The service was as good as the food! We will definitely be back the next time we are in Rochester!

• Visited October 2013

Syracuse, New York
“eat what the President ate, you'll like it, yeah you will”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The President is right, you have to try Magnolia's signature soup, I liked it and I think you will like it too. I also had the Park Ave. lunch sandwich, it was mad huge. I took half home to have during the football game later. Great, place, wine assortment, drafts, and bottles, but no bar. Rather there is a bakey. I was too full to even try to go for dessert and custom coffee. Just some heads up for you thinking about trying this great place. By now you are right in thinking this place has a line out the door, it does! Remember not to wait in the line go right to the front to get on the wait list. I made that mistake myself. On weather permitting days, eating out side is an option. I like to walk or take the bus (like the president did) I do that so I don't have to put up with the street parking. Well the President's bus just parked in front of Magnolia's during his lunch, nice to have status. Worst, I live in Rochester and didn't know about this place until the President stopped in for lunch on his way to Syracuse this past summer. Great web-site it matches the quality that is served at Magnolia's.

• Visited October 2013
Canandaigua, New York
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Only downside: Hard to park. Otherwise we will be going back many times. Friendly atmosphere and eclectic location on Park Avenue. Decided to go because we had never heard of it until President Barack Obama stopped there for lunch during a NY State visit. Very happy with food and service, and price was not an issue. Actually too many items on the menu, but that is what will bring us back again and again. Couldn't decide on a Pastrami on Rye Rueben, or a Brocolli and Cheese Quiche, or a Wood Fired Gourmet Pizza, or a Monte Cristo Sandwich, etc. etc. Ended up with French Onion soup (and you get to decide what kind of cheese baked on top), and the Corned Beef and Pastrami Panini. Both were excellent, and to top it all off they had Orange Creme Soda. It was like 7th Heaven. Everyone at or table loved the food, and the service was outstanding.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, New York, United States
“Delicious and Fresh”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I enjoyed the community spirit. The outdoor seating was great! The salad I ordered was soo good and the sandwich was fresh and delicious!! Their dessert selection was excellent!! I'd highly recommend it...

• Visited August 2013
Cambridge
“Cool, hip, healthy, reasonable”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Ok, so the main reason we choose this restaurant is because President Obama was there just a few days ago. ( He ordered the signature soup and a grilled cheese sandwich!)

When we arrived, there were outdoor seating, so we took advantage of a comfortable outdoor table. It is very popular with students. Most sandwiches, salads and pizzas range from $9.-$13. And they have vegetarian options.

The menu was extensive with salads, soups, sandwiches and pizza. Not the old fashioned variety, but cool, innovative and healthy options. We started with a pear, blueberry, spinach and walnut salad. WONDERFUL.

Then we had a large pizza, with sun-dried tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella and artichokes. DIVINE! Thin crust, but wonderfully delicious ingredients that made you feel full yet not stuffed.

• Visited August 2013