“Add me as a fan”

Char Broil Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 1,300 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Many choices Everyone at our table had something different and they were all good. Super pleasant service. Reasonable price. We will go back.

There are newer reviews for Char Broil Restaurant

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We are frequent visitors to the Char Broil...breakfast, lunch, and dinner selections are all very good. Prices are reasonable, and soups are delicious. Many choices! Varied menu, and the kitchen will try to accommodate special requests. Finally, a restaurant where you can ask for substitutions! If there is something you don't like, they will substitute something else for you, usually at no extra charge. Nothing fancy here, but good, home cooked meals at reasonable prices will keep us coming back. Lines are very long for dinner on weekends, but they keep it moving pretty well.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Although every meal we've had here has been terrific, breakfasts are fantastic. The feta spinach omelet is my favorite. The rest of our party went for the blueberry pancakes and loved them. It's a family place with a friendly attitude. Plenty of regulars go there, and we intend to join their ranks.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've worked two miles from Char Broil for 13 years and can't believe this was my first visit. I never knew about it until I saw a Groupon and purchased it. I'm so glad I did! It's perfect for all ages, all size groups, any time of day. We saw elderly couples enjoying lunch, groups of women catching up, groups of teenage boys chowing down, Moms and their kids getting together. The menu us extensive and delicious. I had a hot entree (Smokehouse Chicken) that was so good adn so plentiful that there was enough for another meal! My husband had a Tuna Plate, piled high with tuna salad and macaroni salad. He, too, took quite a bit home, but only because he was ready to move on to their extensive pie selection. We were both thrilled to see the classic cylindrical, rotating dessert case, filled with School of the Holy Childhood pies. I had the raspberry, he had the strawberry rhubarb - both generously covered in whipped cream. Perfect ending to a perfect lunch! We will be back, for sure!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Popular place, and usually crowded, but they do an awesome job of keeping the line of 'waiters' to a booth or table quickly, and serve them in a timely fashion. Ordered the Chicken Pesto sandwich (you have the option of carrot sticks in place of chips) and it was flavorful and filling ~ and, much better than the meal I had two days previously at a restaurant that was much 'higher end' with a trendy clientele. Char Broil doesn't have much in the way of ambiance (family friendly, and not fancy at all) but the food is fresh, and good ~ I was pleasantly surprised, and will return.