“Fresh Blueberry Pancakes!”

Char Broil Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 1,306 Restaurants in Rochester
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Although every meal we've had here has been terrific, breakfasts are fantastic. The feta spinach omelet is my favorite. The rest of our party went for the blueberry pancakes and loved them. It's a family place with a friendly attitude. Plenty of regulars go there, and we intend to join their ranks.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've worked two miles from Char Broil for 13 years and can't believe this was my first visit. I never knew about it until I saw a Groupon and purchased it. I'm so glad I did! It's perfect for all ages, all size groups, any time of day. We saw elderly couples enjoying lunch, groups of women catching up, groups of teenage boys chowing down, Moms and their kids getting together. The menu us extensive and delicious. I had a hot entree (Smokehouse Chicken) that was so good adn so plentiful that there was enough for another meal! My husband had a Tuna Plate, piled high with tuna salad and macaroni salad. He, too, took quite a bit home, but only because he was ready to move on to their extensive pie selection. We were both thrilled to see the classic cylindrical, rotating dessert case, filled with School of the Holy Childhood pies. I had the raspberry, he had the strawberry rhubarb - both generously covered in whipped cream. Perfect ending to a perfect lunch! We will be back, for sure!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Popular place, and usually crowded, but they do an awesome job of keeping the line of 'waiters' to a booth or table quickly, and serve them in a timely fashion. Ordered the Chicken Pesto sandwich (you have the option of carrot sticks in place of chips) and it was flavorful and filling ~ and, much better than the meal I had two days previously at a restaurant that was much 'higher end' with a trendy clientele. Char Broil doesn't have much in the way of ambiance (family friendly, and not fancy at all) but the food is fresh, and good ~ I was pleasantly surprised, and will return.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a place that has regular customers. Quick service and quality diner food. Great for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a cut above fast food restaurants. Booths and classic waitresses. Big breakfast and dinner crowd. You are not going for the atmosphere but you'll have a friendly crowd who came back day after day. For causal dining and quick service.

1  Thank Tony C
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We eat at Char Broil periodically for dinner and my wife has lunch there often. Nothing fancy but always good. Get there early or wait on line for seating. They serve a nice variety of dishes with entrees including a well stocked, help yourself, salad bar. I always scope out the pies but never have room left after an entree.

On this visit I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs - two large meatballs, plenty of spaghetti, flavorful sauce and very good bread, after finishing a plate-full of salad. My wife had soup and salad (two plate-fulls). Timely service and after the 10% off coupon under $18.50 plus tip.