“Nicest staff in Rochester” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pellegrino's Deli Cafe
Ranked #197 of 1,262 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: Pellegrino's Deli Cafe opened its doors in 2000 designed as deli style, family-friendly restaurants to offers burgers, hot and cold subs, soups, salads, wraps, vegetarian selections, and freshly baked cookies. Today more than ever, our guests crave our fresh tastes, quick service, great value, and welcoming, friendly, comfortable atmosphere. Whether for one person or a group, singles, families, college students, workers, or busy moms or dads, Pellegrino's is your place for fresh, delicious, satisfying food! Stop into our Mt . Hope location to enjoy a meal or order take out, or call ahead for even faster takeout service. Review our In-store Menu.
Rochester, NY
“Nicest staff in Rochester”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The subs are great. The rolls are very fresh, and everyone who works here (Mt. Hope) is so friendly and helpful. Only complaint is that homemade chips are often soggy instead of crisp.

Visited March 2013

Fairport, N.Y.
“Fast Food Italian style”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

If paper flatware and plastic cutlery are your thing, if indifferent food is what you're after, this is your place. Won't be back.

Visited October 2011
Greece, New York, United States
“Best Subs in town.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

I'll drive past a dozen other deli's to go here. Steak & Chicken subs are killer!!!

Rochester, New York
“Best Subs in Rochester!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

If you are looking for delicious subs this is the place to go!!! Fast, friendly service! The prices are very reasonable. My husband had the Cuban hot sub,,,it was so yummy!! Way better than Dibellas subs. Great place to go with kids for a quick meal. Will be back for sure!!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
United States
“I will never go here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I had been here a few times prior to my worst experience. The service was never great, and the subs are overpriced, but it was near my work, so I would go to the one in East Rochester. However, one night it was snowing, and I decided to pick up some food for my husband and I, and just go home for the night. I went into Pelligrino's, and when I placed my order, I was the only person there. I ordered two subs. That's it! They have you go down to the end and pay, so you are out your money before your food comes. People did come in behind me, so I just leaned against the wall and waited. They also have a drive-thru, and several orders came up, but they never were mine. I am not very fussy, so I didn't complain. Several employees looked directly at me knowing how long I waited, and never did anything. After 20 minutes, I asked if mine was next. They picked up the ticket and said they were maiking it now. No excuse! I was there first because no on was in line when I got there! Still, I didn't complain, and waited...
End of story, 45 MINUTES till my subs were ready! I could've went home and made dinner by this time! And, when they gave me the order, I said "that took 45 minutes". I wasn't nasty or anything; just stated the fact. He said "Sorry". Given that I'm pretty sure he was the manager, and I waited an unacceptable amount of time and remained patient, he could've at least given me a coupon. A cookie or something! Nothing!!! Lost my business, and there really is no food there worth you taking the trip either.
And, I had to brush off my car AGAIN because I was in there so long. Complete waste of time!

• Visited December 2010