“Well deserved expansion....delish!”

Stromboli Express
Ranked #641 of 1,328 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Always great pizza and more here...but their recent move across the street upgrades and expansion has launched them into high gear. Same great good but awesome new atmosphere and clearly the area students and business folk have rediscovered this home town gem!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The shop is not much to look at, and maybe the staff could brush up on their "people skills" a bit, but they make a darn good sausage stromboli. We chose that variety from the approximately two dozen stromboli options - plus pizza and subs - and it came out hot, gooey, well stuffed and with a nice warm red sauce on the side for dipping. A good stop during the Jazz Fest.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I have to admit that I have not been to Stromboli express in quite awhile only due to it's distance from my home.
I used to visit their other locations in East Rochester and another near Kodak Park both of which are long gone. I have visited the East Ave location probably 3 times in the past.
My favorite was the pizzaburger sub and there were times that I would buy several and freeze one for later consumption. The problem with freezing the sub is that it looses a little flavor if kept for a long time.
The sub is normally served with the beef chopped up but I always asked to have it prepared more like a patty. The staff always did what I asked with no hesitation.
Great food.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This place is a gem. Located near Java's Cafe I got enough food for $9 that kept me full and was enough for me to eat a second time at my hotel. Made right in front of you and where you can see it. Nothing hidden here.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
East Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2008

This place delivers and offers more types of strombolis than you can imagine. Definitely a good option if you want comfort food without leaving the comfort of home.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook