“Small restaurant but big food!”

Rosey's Italian Cafe
Ranked #86 of 1,321 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This opened near my house after losing their lease at former location. The restaurant is small and usually packed at dinner, so I normally order to go.

The sauce is very good, meatballs too...I have visited a few times and ordered the eggplant parm-good portion size and price, delicious too!

Reviewed December 3, 2011

I hate rating a restaurant so early on but I'm doing it anyway. Rosie's is great American Italian food at reasonable prices. Based on her history my thoughts are she knows what she's doing and will keep up the good work. We're fortunate that she's been in the business for a long time so I truly believe that this one has staying power. I'd like to see her move across the street to the old Kam Wah and hit the big time. I'm looking forward to my next visit and I wish her the best of luck in Penfield.

1  Thank NewYorkDon67
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My husband and I ate at Rosey's last night for dinner. Our first visit and definitely not our last. I had breaded Parmesan shrimp over angel hair and hubby had the lasagna. Both entrees were excellent. They do not currently have their liquor license but should have it soon. The service was very attentive. We recommend this small restaurant. You will enjoy the food and attention.

Reviewed October 27, 2009

I've been eating at Rosey's for about a decade and have never had a bad meal. Great food, very quick and a great value. And, yes, there is a Rosey!

Reviewed August 8, 2009

Rosey's is a gem in an area with not many choices. We are so glad we wandered in as the lunch hour approached. It filled up rather quickly and when the meals came out, it was easy to see why. The portions were very substantial, the prices were great and the food was well prepared. Fresh sliced bread with butter accompanied all meals and the salads were freshly made with the best house dressing. The italian dishes were really
large and there were a few men in white shirts sporting bibs! I knew it was a good pick when the men in blue came in for lunch. Most were regulars as they knew the staff . We were sorry we were unable to return again before leaving Rochester.