“Local Brew Pub Can't Be Beat”

Rohrbach Buffalo Road Brewpub
Ranked #51 of 1,294 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: German, International, Brew Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Spencerport, New York
“Local Brew Pub Can't Be Beat”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Rohrbach's is one of our favorite local places to eat/drink. The food is reasonable - there is something for everyone on the menu from appetizers to sandwiches to full meals. We've never had a bad meal there - and the beer is outstanding!! We also enjoy the beer/food pairing events and the fact that the beer is readily available around town. The owner, John Urlaub, is often onsite and very personable and welcoming.

• Visited November 2012

“BEST FISH-FRY IN ROCHESTER!!!! HANDSDOWN!!!!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My grandma has went out for a fish fry every Friday for as long as I can remember..... we went to this restaurant sometime last year and got the fish-fry..... and have been back every Friday since. They have the best fish fry in Rochester. Fish is seasoned good never mushy/watery in the middle.... but not dry either. The fry's are awesome.... even the Tartar sauce I think is house made..... not a package of Kraft.... the coleslaw is also yummy......... the only thing is I would like a small garden salad included with it like every other restaurant has with theirs ..... but not a big-deal.

5 Thank oliver2244
twin cities minnesota
“Always good with quick attentive service”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We frequent the Buffalo Rd location every tip to Rochester. I love the cheese soup and beef on a wick. Not a big beer drinker but everyone in my family enjoys their beer specials. We always have quick attentive service.

• Visited September 2012
Rochester NY
“BUMMER!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We've heard family and friends RAVING about Rohrbach's for years, but had never been until this evening....My husband LOVES the Highland lager and it totally didn't disappoint. He ordered a hot pastrami that totally DID disappoint however. the Lobster cheese appetizer had been highly recommended, but I couldn't even bring myself to try it...greasy gloppy looking stuff totally turned me off. Decided to try the Saurbraten. They ONLY serve this on Saturday evenings...we were seated and ordered at SIX pm....the waitress came back apologizing that they had "run out" of the Saurbraten........seriously? at 6pm? You only serve it Saturday evenings! maybe you should prep more than one or two servings next time. Sorry Rohrbach's..it seems your reputation is very overblown. There are way better places to eat in town...........

• Visited August 2012
Maine
“Worth a Try”
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I sat at the bar, and had the Jäger Schnitzel and a Hefeweizen. Server was attentive, food was tasty, beer was not great, but good. But, I didn't care for the really dimly lit setting and the fact that my food was pretty much served in a pile on the plate (sauerkraut, potato salad glommed together and the meat piled on top with gravy covering it all). But, the meal did taste good once I got past that it was all mixed together.