“Red Lobster”

Cuisines: Seafood
Victor, New York
“Red Lobster”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stopped for dinner after a Play in Rochester. Service was excellent. My meal was very good, my wife's not so much. Cost was readable for the food. Drinks were a bit pricey. Had not been here in many years. Probably will not go back.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Doherm

“Nice place”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had dinner the other night here and the food was good, nothing great. The portions of my dinner were fair size but my friends had large size portions. Waitress was excellent, she was busy but the service was great. Not a place I would go to on a regular basis but is a nice change.

• Visited October 2013
Rochester, New York
“Had an annual shrimp buffet”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The online flyer showed six different dishes but this place only offered four. Foods were good but the waitresses were too busy. Help yourself!

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, New York
“OK food, amazing service”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My son and I met for lunch at red lobster. He had never been to one and it has been a while since I was at a red lobster. We waited 15 min. to be seated, there was a healthy lunch crowd at 12:30 but not too overwhelming. Our server came right away to take our drink order. We ask which appetizer she could recommend and she said the calamari and vegetables is pretty good so we ordered that off the bat so we can have a bit more time to look at the menu. The lunch menu was pretty big and a lot of yummy sounding entrees. My son informed our server that he is severely allergic o lobster and could she advise the kitchen to make sure there is no cross contamination. Our server was very pleasant and made sure the water glasses are always filled and the drink order replenish. My son also needed to be at work by 3:00pm so we wanted to be out not later than 2:30. We communicated this also to our server.
Our appetizer came in a timely manner and the calamari and vegetables were lightly coated and fried. It was tasty but you have to really eat it while still hot because it gets less flattering as it got to room temp. Our salad came next and I found them fresh and very good. She put the dressing on the side for me which I like because I don't like salads swimming in dressing. I ordered the sailor's platter and my son ordered the seafood pot with crab legs, scallops and shrimps with roasted small potatoes and grilled half corn on the cob. Our entrees came and they got mine right but they got my son's order mixed up because his came out and it was grilled half lobster and shrimp in a bed of rice pilaf. It looks good but my son is allergic to lobster, remember?!! She apologized and immediately put in a new order. Meanwhile, I had to start eating because I did not want my food cold. The sailor's platter came with 5 fried shrimp with cocktail sauce, a small platter of 6 shrimp scampi and 2 little fish fillet that I was not quite sure if they fried it or steamed it.I had a side of garlic mashed potatoes that she said was made from real potatoes. The shrimps were perfectly done and very tasty. The fish however was very bland and a bit overdone, so it was not tender as I like my fish. The mash potatoes was dry and not seasoned well. 10 min after our food came out, the manager came to our table and apologized again for the mistake, explained that his meal is being prepared as we speak, thank us for being patient and offered his lunch as complimentary. He was very nice. My son said it was fine, mistakes happen and he does not have to make his meal complimentary. But he insisted and finally my son accepted. We thought it was very nice of him just to come out and acknowledge us but he went above and beyond by offering a complimentary meal. Just for that act, we will definitely come back and try this place again. My son's meal by the way, was very good as he pointed out that everything was fresh. I'll take my husband next time and order lobster! Thank you to that wonderful manager, it makes such a difference in customers coming back if they have a nice experience. The service was friendly, efficient without feeling hurried.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, MA
“Porta-Potty Smell in Restaurant”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our family of three had dinner here on a Sunday evening. The food was okay, but the dining experience was below average overall because of some facility issues. One, it smelled like a portable potty. Two, three ceiling areas near our booth was dripping water. Upon informing the waiter, he indicated that the restaurant is having AC issues. Also, the freezer was broken and we could not order the dessert that came a la mode. Waiter was good, but hostess was not.

Visited July 2013