“Nice family restaurant”

Yianni's
Ranked #320 of 1,269 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rochester, New York, United States
“Nice family restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Had breakfast with my daughter. Not busy at all. Good coffee, service and meal.

The waitresses are always friendly in my experience. The owner is usually present as well.

• Visited December 2013

Rochester, New York
“Sub par take out”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Got take out and all of our food was sub par. Chicken parm was dry, strip steak was over done and the fish had little to no taste.

Visited August 2013
Rochester, New York, United States
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We went to Yanni’s to celebrate our anniversary with our parents. The waiter was rude and loud. He proceeded to tell the other customers at the next table that he was sorry for the long wait the customers he just took the order from took their time and that was why it took so long for him to take their order. He was talking about us, loud enough for the entire restaurant to hear. He then came back to bring our food and when he could remember what we ordered he got very rude and started rolling his eyes. After waiting more than 30 minutes he finally came back and we asked for refills on our drinks. It took several times of asking before we finally received refills on our drinks. When we asked another waitress for refills she asked us who our waiter was and when we described him to her , she stated loud enough for the restaurant to hear “oh yeah you mean ****, he’s the loud mouth waiter.” At this point the entire evening was rapidly becoming uncomfortable.

A few days later when the in-laws came from out of town, they wanted to visit Yanni’s for dinner because the last time they enjoyed the food and atmosphere. We begrudgingly agreed to try one more time. We got a different waitress this time so we were hopeful. Everything seems to be going okay and we all were enjoying our dining experience. That was until we order dessert. When we ordered the dessert, I asked the waitress if she could cut the pie in half because of the size. She rolled her eyes at me and left. She returned with our coffee and tea. All of us began drinking our coffee and tea thinking our dessert was going to be coming soon. After 30 minutes the waitress came back with our dessert. When my husband explained that because it had taken so long for dessert he no longer want the ice cream, the waitress began what I can only described as a personality change. She looked right at him and stated “Well sir, it took me a long time to scoop out the ice-cream, and I had to cut the pie in half.” She stated this in the most demeaning and berating tone. At this point my mother in law stated to her that it had been over 30 minutes and this was the reason. Now mind you all the desserts are already premade and sitting in coolers, so it shouldn’t take anyone that long to prepare a dessert. She then proceeded to drop the desserts on the table and left. As she was going into the kitchen she stated loud enough that we all heard her including the two only other customers in the restaurant, “ Are you freaken kidding me.” When another employee came out from the kitchen, I asked if there was any manager on duty. He told me that the manager was not in and would be back in an hour. I asked the employee to please give the manager my cell phone number and have them call me. When the waitress returned with the check she set it on the table and stated, “I took the desserts off the check, so you don’t need to do anything.” When we left the restaurant it became apparent that we were no longer welcomed not that we will ever return. The saddest thing about this waitress and service was that she told us she had been working for this restaurant for 20 years. I hope she doesn’t treat all of her customers like this, because as of now this restaurant will no longer receive our business and I will recommend that people avoid this restaurant in the future. It came as no surprise that I never received a phone call from the manager that night or the following day.

• Visited May 2013
Rockford, Illinois
“Italian Sausage For Breakfast? I'm Converted.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

While on a cross-country trip we stopped for breakfast yesterday morning and were more than glad we found the place. It's was between the usual breakfast and lunch times so there was no crowd whatsoever. The service, then was excellent, as to be expected at a slow hour, but the food was also well worth the stop. I've never encountered Italian sausage at a breakfast meal, even being from a town with a large Italian community. It was the perfect touch to what's normally an everyday meal. It made the morning. And, I'll be asking for this little extra when eating back home.

• Visited March 2013
Rochester, New York
“Maybe they were having an off night ...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We've eaten here before, and tonight was just not what we expected. The room temperature was cold ... my feet and hands froze. There were 2 couples seated when we entered at 4:45 pm, and the waitress didn't recognize that we were there ... we waited about 5 minutes while she wandered around doing her own tasks ... then she was startled when she saw us. There is a variety of food to pick from on the menu ... our drinks arrived ... our order was taken. One of us had no silverware when our food came. The bread was served warm, but fell apart when you touched it (probably in the warmer too long). The salads were good enough, although swimming in the dressing (neither of us ate more than half of our salad). The chicken French was served only warm, and was swimming in butter (that almost spilled off the plate when the waitress put the plate on the table). The chicken parm was served warmer. When we left, there were 2 servers for 8 tables. It was a disappointing evening.

• Visited November 2012