“Absolutely loved it :)”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Strathmore, Canada
“Absolutely loved it :)”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

While at the PGA tournament we tried to go to Lucano 's for supper but they were full. So we made reservations for the next night BUT Joanne went above and beyond to find us another restaurant close by ! She even called and made reservations for us. We came back the next night and it was like we were family considering the welcome we received ! Now the food was beyond fabulous ! Everything is fresh and so good ! Our last night in Rochester we went again because it is just that good !! Christine and Joanne are awesome people and the restaurant is amazing !

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank DTaylor144

Woodstock, GA
“Good Italian food”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor and gave it a try. Very small restaurant in a small shopping center. The service and the employees are great. Gabby was our waitress and she did a wonderful job of describing the daily specials and recommending wine. Hubby got the soft shell crab appetizer. Very flavorful and well done. Is it the best we've had? No. The best is in Beaufort, SC at the Soft Shell Crab festival in April, but I digress. The Insalata Lucana is a very flavorful, fresh lettuce salad with orange slices and orange vinaigrette. Very refreshing. Hubby got the spaghetti with shrimp and clams. Pasta done al dente. He liked it and gave it a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. I got the lamb chops with roasted potatoes and vegetables. Lamb was cooked to order, but the chops are fatty. Go for the rack of lamb, which tends not to be so fatty. However, Perfect medium rare. On a scale of one to ten, I would give it a seven for food, ten for service. When you are in Rochester, definitely give it a try.

1 Thank Georgiatraveler54
Southwest Harbor, Maine
“Gorgeous Food Done Right”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Came here during a visit based on recommendations from others. Was a truly wonderful experience. Sumptuous food with a warm and inviting atmosphere. I love it when someone knows what they want to prepare and executes it right. This is exactly that. I dont need a laser light show to impress me. Just make something that will make my mouth smile. This food is inspired and yet faithful to roots. Great time.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Caroline B
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I was in town for business so I did not know they take reservations.

I showed up at 5:30 pm and the hostess said no problem we will sit you and enjoy a nice dinner.

I had a fish special with artichokes and kalamata olives. It was delicious. I am a gourmet cook so I know ingredients and it was seasoned well. The waitress listened carefully and ensured my
meal was dairy free as I have milk allergies. The fish was fresh!!!!!

Quiet and cozy. You must try it.

1 Thank RebeccaN1
Rochester NY
“Exceptional and unusual food!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

As several other reviewers have noted, you can't tell from the appearance of the place....it's cozy and pleasantly decorated but it doesn't scream gourmet restaurant. But the food is superb! Our party ordered lasagna, tilefish, corvino (both fish I'd never heard of, both very tasty), gnocchi and veal scalloppini. Every one of us was very impressed, the recipes are unusual and delicious, many subtle flavors, and in the case of the seafood dishes, the flavors/sauce/glaze were ones we'd never tasted before., We tried two of the house wines, also extremely good. My only suggestion for improvement in the food: I was kind of surprised that my lasagna didn't include some kind of vegetable side dish or side salad. It was a sizeable portion, plenty to fill me up, but I'd have liked something green to go with it.

Our waitress was quite knowledgeable about both the food and the wine, and very attentive, checking back often to see if we needed anything. I was impressed at her reciting all the specials from memory! (there were many, each with a lengthy detailed description of how it was prepared)

For Rochester, this is a fairly expensive restaurant, with most entrees falling in the $20-30 range. I'm happy to note that the servers don't engage in any of the pretentious behavior you see in some expensive restaurants, pulling out your chair for you, placing your napkin in your lap, or speaking to you in the third person ("A drink for the lady? And for the gentleman?") The focus is on the quality of the food and service, not all the upscale-restaurant theatrics. Also I should mention, there were customers there in fancy clothes and those in shorts and tee shirts, it doesn't seem to matter, come as you are and enjoy the food. I would recommend reservations, the place isn't huge and it is quite popular.

We will definitely be returning, and Lucano is now on the list of good places to take out-of-town guests.

2 Thank Regardez403