“Trying New Places”

Dining options: Reservations
Rochester, New York, United States
“Trying New Places”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Went to the Brighton with my wife, as we are trying different restaurants. We had visited the Brighton 30 years ago, and wanted to go again. We were greeted promptly, and given a choice of table or booth. We chose a booth, and were seated immediately. Our waiter, Aaron, arrived promptly, and took our order, as we did not wish bar service. My wife chose the Shrimp Scampi, and was very pleased. The garlic was not overpowering, the shrimp were large, and the mashed potatoes were real, home made mashed potatoes. I chose the French Onion Soup, and Wiener Schnitzel. The soup was hot, the cheese, croutons and onions were plentiful. The cheese was not so hot as to blister my mouth. The Wiener Schnitzel was perfectly prepared, and served with spaetzle like my mother used to make! A great meal at a reasonable price! The Brighton goes on our list of repeat visit restaurants.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Joe D

Rochester, NY
“Slow Service Counters Very Good Food”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had not been here in a few years so joined some friends who are semi-regulars. I was surprised at how good the food was - the salmon, the shrimp scampi, and the wiener schnitzel were all tasty and came with salads, which is rare these days. Unfortunately the service was very slow - the staff was friendly and apologetic but it did not make up for the long wait for drinks, the food, the bread, etc. The food was good enough to give it another try....

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Fondue4two
Mystic, Connecticut
“Very Good All Around”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my second visit to the Brighton in as many years. We were in Rochester visiting family and enjoyed the newly renovated space and revamped menu. Our server, Ben, was quite charming and efficient. We had a chance to sit in the bar and sample the cocktail menu and my martini with giant olives was spot on. For dinner we chose a variety of items, pasta, meatloaf and I opted for the seared tuna special. We all enjoyed our entrees and would definitely return.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Worth a visit/Under new management, recently renovated”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This place was a favorite of mine when I lived in Rochester. Always enjoyed the bar and the menu here. They make a great martini and their menu options have plenty of comfort food choices and old favorites. Hard to find in an old yellow house, just by the 401 Freeway, off Winton Road, on
East Avenue. Parking was difficult, but that was because the larger lot was closed for resurfacing.
I would not take the kids here, but up to you. Try the place for lunch or Happy Hour
first. Dinner can get pricey, but I have eaten well here in former years. My last visit was for drinks and appetizers only, nice and tasty.

Macedon, New York
“disappointed”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Decided to try the brighton for my husband's b-day service was great. Food was bad I gave my husband my food I had veal and it was fatty poor quality meat. Very disappointed in the food even my daughter couldnt eat hers. $85.00 for a meal I didnt eat.