“Great food, always packed”

Guido's Pasta Villa
Ranked #25 of 1,294 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pasta Villa is a family owned Italian-American restaurant with the emphasis on family. We celebrated our 20th anniversary in 2012 & are looking forward to 20 more! From homemade pastas to handcut steaks, we offer something for everyone. We pride ourselves on outstanding food, drink, service & our biggest source of pride, our outstanding customers!Things of note:Reservations are accepted for parties of 5 or more, only. All others are first come first serve.Take out Delivery is available to The Hampton Inn located next door to Pasta Villa.
Greece, New York, United States
“Great food, always packed”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Nothing beats a family run, non-chain based restaurant and pasta villa brings it. The best is their gnocchi with vadka sauce hands down! Others have complained about the drink prices, but EVERY restaurant is like that now. That is where their largest profit margins are at!

If you can get there before the crowd you are good, other wise expect waiting and being cramped into a small table with people around you without much moving space.

• Visited October 2013

Rochester, NY
“Not Like I Remembered It.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had been craving a plate of pasta with meatballs and red sauce for a few weeks and my son, visiting from another state, created the excuse needed to go out and find it. Not wanting to travel to THE best Italian restaurant in the city we opted for Pasta Villa which is always popular, had good food at a reasonable price and was close to home. Admittedly,it has been probably a decade since I last set foot in the place but was confident my craving would be satisfied. Not quite.

The place was packed early in evening as it always is so we expected to wait, and did for about 40 minutes, for our table. While waiting, we each had a glass of wine and the $7.50 per glass price for low end wine was the first indication that something had changed. Of course in 10 years the price would rise but that price per glass is not what I would have expected from a neighborhood pasta restaurant. The complimentary bread and salad were both very good and arrived soon after we ordered. For our entree I ordered the Red Sauce with a meatball and a sausage on cappellini and my son ordered the Alfredo with Linguine. While the pasta was cooked to an acceptable al dente, the sauces in both cases were lacking in flavor. The Red Sauce in particular did not have any kind of discernible flavor (tomatoes, garlic) and left my yearning for pasta unfulfilled. The "house" Cabernet Sauvignon I ordered with dinner was very sweet and not dry to the point where I wondered if they had brought me something else. On the plus side meats were cooked well and very tasty. Service was prompt and courteous. The portions are large and we both took a doggie box home.

The price of $53 excluding tip was, in my opinion a bit rich for a neighborhood venue. The restaurant is very small and the tables are quite close together, some would say cozy. Not bad but not great. Next we'll make the drive to the city.

• Visited October 2013
Livonia, Michigan
“Generous Portions at a Fair Price”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good Italian food in generous portions, helpful service. No complaints. Restaurant is right next door to the Hampton Inn where we were staying and was recommended by the front desk staff there. Proved to be a good choice.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“To die for!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We found this place though an app on my phone. We thought, what the heck we'll give it a try. We had to wait for quite some time without having a reservation, but the wait was worth it. Every time we go back to the Rochester area, we will be dining at this place. It's small, quaint, and DELICIOUS!

Seattle, WA
“Wonderful Neighborhood Italian Eatery”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Truly a diamond in the rough...if you just drove by this place and didn't know about it, I doubt you would pull in. I'm so glad we found it! Large portions, GREAT food and GREAT service. Truly a treat. I highly recommend it if you are ever in the area. Be aware that on weekend nights, apparently there's an hour+ wait for a table, but trust me, it's worth it.

Absolutely loved it!