“Late Dinner”

Ranked #20 of 1,306 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pasta Villa is a family owned Italian-American restaurant with the emphasis on family. We celebrated our 20th anniversary in 2012 & are looking forward to 20 more! From homemade pastas to handcut steaks, we offer something for everyone. We pride ourselves on outstanding food, drink, service & our biggest source of pride, our outstanding customers!Things of note:Reservations are accepted for parties of 5 or more, only. All others are first come first serve.Take out Delivery is available to The Hampton Inn located next door to Pasta Villa.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Food was excellent. Stayed next door at Hampton Inn and they delivered promptly. Food was hot, Scampi good but could have had more shrimp and scallops. Cacciatore was awesome, bread homemade, salads good, and appetizer was very good. All for a good price.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Located next door to the Hampton Inn. Service is super friendly; host Michael treated me like family when I walked in on a busy evening to make a takeout order. My veal parmigiana was very tasty, served over penne pasta with a nice, simple red sauce. Portions are very generous, with a salad and a large white bread roll. Really enjoyed my meal, and had enough left over to warm up for dinner the next evening. Will definitely go there again on a future trip to Rochester.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I went to Guido's recently and had some outstanding ravioli, great big pillows covered with a simple tomato gravy. The sauce was a background flavor that didn't overpower the main star of the dish, the ravs. The restaurant is tiny and feels cramped, just like a good Italian place should!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

I've been dining here for years and the food and service is always fantastic. Seating a little slow just because restaurant is small and ALWAYS packed no matter what night you go on. Service is excellent and food is fantastic...eggplant parm is the BEST, along with everything else they serve. Waiter/waitress assistant is fabulous....was on the go all the time filling water glasses and making sure we had yummy bread. Desserts just as yummy! Will keep dining at this place for as long as I can!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went for the first time this evening to this quaint and cozy locally owned restaurant. Upon entering, we were confused about where to go to be seated, but after wandering past the bar, we saw the small host station near the coat closet. The dining room is small, but the tables are arranged in way that, while close together, there is plenty of room at each table. The decor is not overdone, the lighting is nicely dimmed and the entire place is clean and comfortable. The staff are attentive and friendly. There is a waiter assistant who takes care of clearing plates if the server is busy, also constant water refills and fresh bread refills are taken care of by this assistant... very nice service! The salads have lovely mixed green that are fresh and crisp and the Italian vinaigrette was lovely. My husband ordered the Porterhouse steak which was cooked perfectly and tasted amazing - definite plus since I am the one who wants Italian and all he wants is meat!! I ordered the chicken parm and it was a huge serving with tender, delicious chicken and delightfully al dente pasta. The red sauce is tasty. We didn't have room for desert, but I don't doubt that it would have been remarkable. Be sure to introduce yourself to the host/owner on your way out so you can say hi when you return - I promise, you will want to return! A gem in the Rochester, NY dining world!