“Some of better Italian food in Rochester”

Guido's Pasta Villa
Ranked #26 of 1,294 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pasta Villa is a family owned Italian-American restaurant with the emphasis on family. We celebrated our 20th anniversary in 2012 & are looking forward to 20 more! From homemade pastas to handcut steaks, we offer something for everyone. We pride ourselves on outstanding food, drink, service & our biggest source of pride, our outstanding customers!Things of note:Reservations are accepted for parties of 5 or more, only. All others are first come first serve.Take out Delivery is available to The Hampton Inn located next door to Pasta Villa.
Wenatchee, Washington
“Some of better Italian food in Rochester”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

In a town filled with an over abundance of mediocre Italian restaurants, this is one of the better ones that does deserve it's good reputation.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Patrick B

Green Valley, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Old School Italian Done Right”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

It sounded like a nightmare for someone like me who has to watch their carb intake every single day. Pasta Villa definitely has loads of traditional Italian dishes, but there is something for everyone here, even if you don't want a roll the size of a small football, oodles of noodles or the alternative: smashed potatoes. The food is prepared to order with love, good ingredients, pleasant service and a bartender named Mike who knows his stuff.

I was sort of stuck in Rochester for several days without a car while a relative had major surgery at a nearby hospital. Twice during my stay I ate at Guido's Pasta Villa. Once I ate in the bar, because even at 5:45 on a Tuesday the place was slammed. The other time they delivered to my hotel next door. Both times were excellent.

Do not look for New Age cuisine here. The food is straightforward Italian-American classics with generous portions and no, it is not cheap. I had the pork tenderloin au poivre and it came with a salad. It was more than enough for two people, the sauce was delectable and Mike the bartender poured me a very nice Chianti Classico.

I am a foodie and would highly recommend this low-key, simple place. it isn't fancy, just darn good.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place great atmosphere”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This place was worth the short wait. Now I know why you here all great things about this place. Small cozy. Great bar tasty food and well priced. Went on a Saturday night had to wait for a little while but the bar was a great place to hang. We will be back.

• Visited December 2012
New York
“Great Food”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a fantastic place for Italian food.You will not be disappointed in any dish you order.They are all expertly cooked to perfection.

• Visited November 2012
Rochester, New York
“Excellent Evening for All!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

The food and the service were excellent! My only (minor) complaint is that waiting in the bar is often a bit too crowded for my liking.

Visited October 2012