“Excellent Italian Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The restaurant has very simple decor. The food is out of this world. I have eaten here and ordered take out several times. They never disappoint. I've tried several things from the Penne Broccoli, Chicken French, Chicken Parmigiano, Penne Arrabbiata, and the Futti di Mare. Every time the food tastes delicious, fresh, homemade. It's a simple place but the food is world class. Whether you go with family or friends or order take-out to enjoy at home it's great food every time. Prices are great, food is outstanding, and waiters/waitress are always so polite and friendly. One of my favorite places to eat in Rochester for good food.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our party of four was seated in a room with another party of six and a large table (twelve-ish) celebrating someone's birthday. They were so loud and the room so small that the noise was deafening. We had to shout to hear one another, and I got a headache. Food was overpriced--my caeaser side salad was too heavily dressed and I had one crouton, while the other members of my party had a reasonable number of croutons on theirs. What was that about? A lack of attention to detail, is my guess. We each ordered a different entree, and all agreed we could have made our dinners at home, and with better results. I had the bolognese, and it was overly oily, and under-seasoned. Service was just okay. Papa Joe's compares unfavorably to Roncone's, which serves up excellently-prepared dishes, with more attentive service and reasonable prices.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had heard good things about Papa Joe's, so we decided to try it. Made reservations, but really didn't need them. The place was about 3/4 full.
It's in what used to be a bank, so you know there isn't a lot of room. The tables are close together and you are pretty much bumped by anyone walking by.
Service was mediocre and a litle on the slow side. I ordered a fish fry and my wife ordered chiken parm. The fish was kind of bland and it was a typical fish fry with fries and slaw, but quite a bit more in cost than other restaurants. My wife's chicken was tough and chewy and the sauce tasted like it came out of a jar.
Right down the road is another Italian Restaurant named Valencia's, and I wuld prefer going there for my Italian dinners.

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Prices are high. Food was either over cooked or under cooked in our party of 5. Service was missing. You get your food and your check and the watress is gone. Skip it and go across the Street to Velicia's.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

It was the worst Italian food I've ever eaten. Everything we ordered was undercooked/chewy, tasteless and greasy. Absolutely disgusting from start to finish.