“Take out RIP OFF!!”

Ranked #204 of 1,364 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian
Reviewed March 23, 2009

BEWARE!! BEWARE!!
My first and ONLY visit was made to Antonetta's on 3/20/2009 (Friday) after hearing about the awesome fish fry. I decided on take out, which was the correct decision. Upon arriving, I was shocked by the crowded and noisy atmosphere. Had I decided to eat-in, I would have been elbow to elbow with the surrounding patrons and would have had to shout to my guests to be heard.
As I was double parked due to a filled lot and no parking spaces, I rushed in to pick up my order. I picked up and paid for my 4 fish dinner by credit card. I arrived home to find the fish under cooked and the fries over cooked. Only 2 of the meals contained coleslaw. I was truely dissapointed.
Saturday, while checking my credit card statement I noticed that I was over charged. I had paid $36.72 for the 4 dinners but, was charged $44.06 (I had left no tip). Antonetta's I have since learned, takes it upon themselves to charge a tip for take out!!!! This is FRAUD in my opinion. So, BEWARE!! IF, you decide to take out, pay ONLY with cash or you will be ripped off too.

4  Thank PhoneGoddess57

Reviewed September 23, 2008

Very good food, they give huge portions, tiny space but great prices we will go back

Reviewed August 30, 2008

The food was fabulous and as authentic as you're going to get. The sauce was wonderful and rich, the pasta was cooked perfectly, the bread was fabulous, the portions were generous, and you can't beat the prices. The atmosphere is truly like something out of a movie or good novel with pictures all over the walls, various Italian icons, checkered table cloths, lots of lively conversation., and carafes of wine. Love the food and the "neighborhood" atmosphere!

Very popular place that was very busy, but the wait staff were wonderful, friendly, and efficient. Tables are a little close together but that actually adds to the authenticity of the experience of a neighborhood Italian restaurant. Loved it! Will be back again and again.

Reviewed January 11, 2008

Family owned, sauce that tastes like it's beenonn the stove all day, prices that can't be beat!
$5.50 for a full dinner! Who ever heard of that in todays day and age!

A wide and varied menu, and except for the fact that the tables are close together, a real family feeling!

Manga!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 22, 2007

Great Rochester tradition not everybody knows about. Good cheap down to earth Italian. Thank goodness there are still place like this around. Hope you like Sinatra!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook