“"The Lone Chick Pea"”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"The Lone Chick Pea"”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I used to love saving up my naughty calories to have their pizza or chicken parm. My last experience left me staring at an inedible debacle wrapped in foil. In a hurry, I ordered a chicken parm sandwich and green salad to go. Upon arriving home, I opened the foil to find a thoroughly burnt roll splattered with a tablespoon of sauce. Upon attempting to salvage a dinner out of it, I pulled the chicken out. I gave up on trying to eat that when I realized that my steak knife was insufficient to get through the horribly over-fried cutlet. I was heart-broken... and hungry. Well, at least I have the salad. That can't be burnt. Upon opening my last hope of eating, I found that my "fresh" salad consisted of the following:
1. The edges of the Romain lettuce that you usually throw away,
2. A shriveled olive,
3. A solitary chick pea.
Accidents happen, but there is no way that the assembler of all this "food" did not realize that s/he was wrapping up a charred abomination of a sub and the produce remnants that I'd throw in my compost heap. When I called to complain, it was suggested that I bring the food back. I suggested that that was not going to happen as I did not have the time since I now needed to cook dinner. The woman told me that she would give me a voucher for a new salad. I accepted. I will never pick it up, as they are clearly in more dire need of their chick peas than I am.

• Visited August 2013

“Worst experience”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was once a frequent customer to this establishment. I went there in June with my kids and all I heard was employees screaming in back about there life drama. I think the owner was out front, and she could care less. Who wants to sit and enjoy their dinner listening to the employees screaming through the back. The kids got a cheese and pepperoni pizza, which was good. Then I got my sandwich and found mold on the bread!!! I thought they get their bread fresh daily!? Then I go to walk outside to take the kids down abbotts and 2 of the cooks are outside smoking at the side door with the door open, as they stand in the door way and their smoke heads into the kitchen, with there aprons on. Through the years this place has gone down hill. I will never return

• Visited June 2013
Rochester
“Don't believe the anonymous reviews....”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

...this place has food of questionable quality at best and is dirty. I've seen many of there employees walking around in their kitchen smoking. Plus, they do really have three dogs they let wonder around the kitchen and soil the surrounding parking spaces for everyone else displeasure.

The owner, Joe, is a huge jerk. And his attitude filters right down to the employees. They are rude, inept and unapologetic about it. Go up the street to chester cab or any one else.

I can assure you, the positive reviews are from the owner or a third party service, no way anyone is thinking this place is "excellent" with the other options in the area

• Visited July 2013
“Terrible preperation of there food”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Started out as a customer and ended up working in their kitchen and was disgusted to see no gloves unclean knives and filthy hands carelessly making food and too top it off the owners have three dogs wandering the kitchen, I would never recommend this unprofessional food establishment to anyone, completely disgusting!

Rochester, New York
“Nice little buffet but food is always cold”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

There buffet is nice and food not bad but it's always cold. When you ask them to restock the buffet you get an attitude, then you wait and wait and wait.

• Visited February 2012