“Great Food- ok atmosphere”
Review of Jines Restaurant

Jines Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 1,314 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went with a co-worker during the week for lunch. We did not have to wait for a seat which was great! So much to choose from on the menu. Our waitress was not the friendliest but for the quick service- I can deal with that. Our food came out within maybe 10 minutes of ordering. The food was fantastic. It is very loud and crowded. I would request a booth seat. Overall- not a bad experience but very casual.

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Me and my dad decided to go out for lunch on park ave and decided to try Jines. Me and a co worker had a chicken salad delivered by them before and it was excellent so this was my first time actually visiting the restaurant.
They gave us the option of sitting inside or outside and seeing my dad likes eating outside we sat at the tables out on the sidewalk. The area was clean but there was a lot of bees around due to the fact that the restaurant right next store wasn't too clean with their area. We ended up being moved to inside to avoid the bees. Inside the place was clean including the bathrooms, an indicator that the food is most like cooked in a clean kitchen.
It did take a bit of time for the food to arrive but when it did it was hit, cooked well and a good size. We ordered the chicken with portobello mushrooms on an excellent panini bread. The waitress brought the food the way we wanted it, came around with coffee regularly and was very polite.
I'd recommend this place highly and the food is just as good if not better than a place we usually go to down the street, at a much better price.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Jines is a Park Ave classic and has been there for years. It has an established menu and is good for a casual lunch.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Waited about 15 minutes for a table on a Sunday afternoon. Fantastic diner food! Hot turkey sandwhich was real roasted turkey, soup of the day was delicous...great service!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I had the wonderful opportunity to have a family dinner at Jines.recently. There was 13 of us on this thurnderstormy nite that had the expressways flooding and backed up, But once you enter the Park Avenue enclave that Jines is in the center of and get inside we really felt at home. We had a table inside near the entrance.

This place has all the things you look for in a restaurant - Reasonably priced, Location,Cozy/Homey atmosphere, Great Food, many choices and Excellent Service.

We had many of the chicken and shrimp past dishes. The one that was most outstanding was a shrimp pasta dish that had artichokes and a lite tasty sauce. My chjicken pasta dish was great. Chicken with capers, olives and sweet chunked tomatoes in a wonderful lite transparent sauce.I had the left of Gyro too and it was first rate. ull Bar, I had a great IPA and our waitress was wonderful. Witn drinks, no dessert.

But the biggest surprise was the reasonable check at the nite, it made it easy to give a most generous tip.