“A bit disappointed”

Nick's Sea Breeze Inn
Ranked #138 of 1,328 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've been to Nick's Sea Breeze Inn twice & I've been a bit disappointed both times. I think the prices are too expensive for the size of the portions you receive & I don't like that they use canola oil. The service is average & they never ask if you would like a refill on sodas. Both times I have also ended up feeling hungry soon after I've finished my meal. There are a lot of restaurants in Rochester & I don't think I would go back to Nick's Sea Breeze Inn again.

1  Thank Jeannine D

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The atmosphere of the restaurant is nostalgic, with pictures of stars,visitors and entertainers. While the pictures my remind you of days gone by, the food is excellent, with an antipasta bar and italian dishes with excellent sauce and flavor. Their gnocchi's are to die for and are so light they melt in your mouth. My husband also also loves the shrimp and scallops scampi over pasta. The prices are reasonable and their ricotta pie is something you have to try.

1  Thank Patricia H
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Nick's has been a fixture in the Sea Breeze area for over 40 yrs and I hope it stays another 40 more. Food here is wonderful as well as the service. Meals are well prepared and plenty enough to take home. You always feel like you are home here especially if you frequent it as much as we do. I love seeing Nice walking about checking on things...shows you why they stay in business.
Place is great for two or for a party if out celebrating. Check out Nick's and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Barbra H
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Nick's is a can't miss dining destination for memorable dinners. The printed menu is a diverse and wonderful tribute to Italian-American cuisine in upstate NY. Better yet is the dinner buffet offered on the first three days of each week: a wonderfully vast assortment of antipasti, salads, soups, and primi and secondi courses. Whether you order off the menu or happily graze through the buffet, the servers at Nick's are excellent. Nick's is not about pretense, presentation or preening: it is about very tasty Italian food in a happy environment at an affordable price.
Cannot recall a single thing to hold against Nick's, and can recall many instances to hail Nick's as a happy Rochester Italo-American destination.

Bella!

2  Thank Matt14617
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I think their sauce is exceptional. On Sunday they offer a dish that
has sauce with bits of pork in it....just like homemade! They had
delicious bread served on a board. Salad was great too. Not a fan
of the buffet although I have tried it. My only complaint is that one Sunday I came in alone and was seated in the bar area although there were seats available in the dining room. As a woman, I thought they could do better.