“Why did I wait so long?”
Review of Red Lobster

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Red Lobster
Ranked #895 of 1,314 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed September 22, 2013

For years I've been passing by various branches of this chain and not stopping, but I arrived in Rochester tired, hungry and carless and this branch was right by my hotel so.....

We ordered all-you-can-eat shrimp on the recommendation of our server at less than $15 a head.

A big pile of warm cheddar biscuits arrived first, something I would normally ignore but these were DELICIOUS. A salad followed, fresh, crispy and generous.

There were four types of shrimp, we tried them all and they were all delicious, although none of them were exactly healthy options (there are grilled fish options available).

As we finished our plates another round arrived along with more sides.

Due to our over consumption of the aforementioned yummy biscuits we were only able to manage two helpings which didn't impress our server who insisted that we order another round to go and he packed then up along with a big bag of biscuits. Together with a salad this made for a great lunch the following day.

We also ordered a round of cocktails, mine was enormous and just six bucks!

The place was packed but by phoning ahead we cut our wait time to about 15mins which was very reasonable, although a bar to wait in would have been better.

Much to my surprise I really enjoyed the whole experience and am already planning a return visit.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We placed a huge order from our hotel and picked it up. Allowed to save money by sharing entrees & set up buffet style. They did a great job with preparing and packaging it. Gave us plenty of biscuits and condiments. They refrigerated our ice cream dessert until we got there and the other food was ready. Pleasantly surprised by the affordability of it- $106. incl tax for seven hungry adults.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The waiter was very friendly. We were able to order off the lunch menu even though we came in 10 min after the cut off time, thank you!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to Red Lobster on a Friday night at 6pm and no line!! WOW! Food was great and so was the service. A bit pricey. Server that had the table next to dropped the tray and some water was spilled on the customer. The manager handle it well. Restaurant was clean.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

"Sorry sir we accedentely charged your card with someone else's order." "It's a minor mistake every one makes mistakes." First I must say that's a big [--] mistake. They charged me OVER $200, Almost $300. That's over drafting my account over what I make in a week. They could not have the money return to my bank over the card or pay me in cash. Looked at my account when I left and it's -$...
Sure they gave me my dish on the house which was only $53.whatever cents. And they gave me a $50 gift care to come back. But Nooo sry that doesn't cut it. I did my best not to react the way most would. Now I have to call in to work to take care of this problem early in the morning sense it could not be done in the late hour. Spread the word stay away from this Red Lobster.
Also I noticed the staff was talking a lot so loud in the back. Maybe that's the reason for the mistake but even so how can you be that distracted from work that you charge one bill with another card from another black pocket book(that thing that holds your card and Reciet.)