“Good Food - But”
Review of Nathaniel's Pub - CLOSED

Nathaniel's Pub
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stopped for supper one beautiful evening. While we were promptly seated, it took our waitress at least 10 minutes to arrive for drink orders. Another 10 minutes before the drinks arrived. Ordered dinner when the drinks came. Dinner finally arrived 1 hour after being seated. During the looong wait, overheard one waitress talking with her table that all the wait staff had just started - like that day. There was no knowledge of the menu.. Also heard that there was an ongoing dispute in the kitchen. Unlike other reviews, we found the food to be good - not flashy or over the top, but decent pub fare.

This was our second visit, and, based upon this experience, the last!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Wait staff slow, had to go to bar and get my own watered down beer which I returned. It took about 10 mins to get the bartender's attention. I ordered fish and chips, the fish was frozen packaged fish, looked and tasted totally processed I actually took a picture which I've included. Was brought my lemon for the fish few mins after receiving meal and it was served on a coaster, classy! My boyfriends pizza was made with cheap processed cheese and the store bought crust was not toasty, was soft and cold. I really truly am not a picky eater, I've never written a restaurant review in my life. This was the worst meal and service ever!!! Please please please don't waste your money.

2  Thank jinaporter
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Dont be temped by location. Horrible service and food. No management. Pure idiocy. Appallling.

1  Thank tgarman1
Reviewed June 9, 2012

After getting a GROUPON refund and THEN (should have done it earlier) reading the eerily similar on line reviews, we felt compelled to add our two cents.

Problem: Absolutely NO service.

Unlike another on line reviewer who had the Nathaniel's Pub GROUPON, we did not revealed it to anyone (the person who seated us, since we never got waited on), so the problem we encountered could be universal.

When we arrived on a Thursday at about 1:30 PM, we asked the hostess (was she a hostess?) to seat us outside. There were perhaps 4 other tables (3 inside and 1 outside) occupied. After the waitress seated us and we had reviewed (and re-vreviewed) the menu, literally no one came out to take a drink or other order. When we got up to walk out, we noticed that the hostess was eating her lunch and that one other individual was clearing tables. We made a meek attempt to talk to a manager, but frankly were not interested in whether or not this restaurant received our input. As noted above, GROUPON did credit our account. We moved on to the original Distillery, got wonderful service and great food.

This restaurant is a travesty and it is a particular shame, since they have a prime Corn Hill spot.

1  Thank IST106
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I recently went to Nathaniel's for lunch and waited nearly 15 minutes before the waitress took our drink orders. My root beer was more like caramel tinted seltzer water. We ordered our meals at that time and waited nearly another 30-40 minutes with no meal in site. There were still three other tables before us that had yet to be served. Yet the bar patrons who came in after ALL of us were eating heartily on time! Then when I had to leave because I had a meeting to get to, (to be polite -why I don't know) I asked how much the soda was (I had to leave) and they actually charged me!! I had to pay $5.00 for two sodas, no lunch and a ruined day! I guess when you go into a restaurant at lunch and no one is there...it should tell you something!

1  Thank bethany l